CP beer soap confusion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Obsidian, I cook the beer down a lot. I use half water and half beer syrup, so the liquid is "all beer" or even more.

I open a couple of containers, pour them into a pan, and simmer away for awhile. I then cool it or freeze it. I don't have them sit around anywhere getting flat, I just cook it.

I also will add a cube or two of beer to any soap I'm making, into the water that the lye goes into.

I highly recommend having the habit of doing the lye in the sink, or at least for new additives.

There is no right or wrong answer to this. My method is to use 100% beer. I open it, pour it into a tupperware container, give it a couple swishes with my stick blender to help speed up the "flattening" process, then freeze it. Normally I forget it in the freezer for a few days. Then I scrap it into a large pitchur to weigh it, then sprinkle my lye on top, stirring this in the sink. I have not had any volcano effect yet doing it this way!

Latest posts

Back