Cozy mystery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually snag all the free cozy mysteries I find that come out on Kindle (I even have one called "Lye in Wait" where the protagonist is a soaper.) :) There are often multibook "boxed" sets by the same author and usually they're free for a week or two. I tend to enjoy a series because you get to know the protagonist, which to me makes it more fun. I don't like violence or "gritty", so if the books start trending that way, I usually abandon them.

If you use a Kindle, I can give you a list of cozy authors I like, but I don't know how many are available in print if you don't use a Kindle. Just let me know if you're interested.

I usually snag all the free cozy mysteries I find that come out on Kindle (I even have one called "Lye in Wait" where the protagonist is a soaper.) :) There are often multibook "boxed" sets by the same author and usually they're free for a week or two. I tend to enjoy a series because you get to know the protagonist, which to me makes it more fun. I don't like violence or "gritty", so if the books start trending that way, I usually abandon them.

If you use a Kindle, I can give you a list of cozy authors I like, but I don't know how many are available in print if you don't use a Kindle. Just let me know if you're interested.
I don't mind some grit, but sometimes I am a sucker for that small town, amateur sleuth.

I was able to check Lye in Wait out of my library this summer. I haven't tried any of the rest of that series yet.

Sure, I'll take a few author names.

I don't mind some grit, but sometimes I am a sucker for that small town, amateur sleuth.

I was able to check Lye in Wait out of my library this summer. I haven't tried any of the rest of that series yet.

Sure, I'll take a few author names.

Let's see....most of these I have "boxed sets" of ebooks

Julie Smith---writes several different series with different protagonists.
Amy Van Sant--Pineapple Port Series
Dorothy Simpson---I love the Inspector Thanet series -- British DCI
London Lovett -- the Port Danby series and the Firefly Junction series
Steve Higgs -- Patricia Fisher mysteries and he has another series as well.
Cathy Ace -- Absolutely loved her Welsh Detective series
Margaret Mayhew-- The Village Mysteries--I'm currently finishing the 4th of 4 books. This series as
well as the one above by Cathy Ace were ones I was sad to finish.

In case you're interested

Series I have read (or at least started):
Meg Langslow (even my teens like listening to these in the car on the way to and from school)
Agatha Raisin
Hamish Macbeth
Home Repair is a Homicide
Flavia DeLuce
Maisie Dobbs
Bookseller's Tale
Noodle Shop Mystery
No. 1 Women's Detective Agency
Lord Peter Wimsy
Poirot
Ngaio Marsh

There's one with a lady vicar solving mysteries, but I can't remember the name of the series.

I'm sure there are more. I've been on the planet long enough to forget much of what I've read.

I also like the Southern Sisters Mystery Series by Anne George. Sadly, the author has passed away; but she left us with eight great books.

Back