Cozy mystery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

Carly B

Reaction score
I usually snag all the free cozy mysteries I find that come out on Kindle (I even have one called "Lye in Wait" where the protagonist is a soaper.) :) There are often multibook "boxed" sets by the same author and usually they're free for a week or two. I tend to enjoy a series because you get to know the protagonist, which to me makes it more fun. I don't like violence or "gritty", so if the books start trending that way, I usually abandon them.

If you use a Kindle, I can give you a list of cozy authors I like, but I don't know how many are available in print if you don't use a Kindle. Just let me know if you're interested.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I usually snag all the free cozy mysteries I find that come out on Kindle (I even have one called "Lye in Wait" where the protagonist is a soaper.) :) There are often multibook "boxed" sets by the same author and usually they're free for a week or two. I tend to enjoy a series because you get to know the protagonist, which to me makes it more fun. I don't like violence or "gritty", so if the books start trending that way, I usually abandon them.

If you use a Kindle, I can give you a list of cozy authors I like, but I don't know how many are available in print if you don't use a Kindle. Just let me know if you're interested.
I don't mind some grit, but sometimes I am a sucker for that small town, amateur sleuth.

I was able to check Lye in Wait out of my library this summer. I haven't tried any of the rest of that series yet.

Sure, I'll take a few author names.

Carly B

Reaction score
I don't mind some grit, but sometimes I am a sucker for that small town, amateur sleuth.

I was able to check Lye in Wait out of my library this summer. I haven't tried any of the rest of that series yet.

Sure, I'll take a few author names.

Let's see....most of these I have "boxed sets" of ebooks

Julie Smith---writes several different series with different protagonists.
Amy Van Sant--Pineapple Port Series
Dorothy Simpson---I love the Inspector Thanet series -- British DCI
London Lovett -- the Port Danby series and the Firefly Junction series
Steve Higgs -- Patricia Fisher mysteries and he has another series as well.
Cathy Ace -- Absolutely loved her Welsh Detective series
Margaret Mayhew-- The Village Mysteries--I'm currently finishing the 4th of 4 books. This series as
well as the one above by Cathy Ace were ones I was sad to finish.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In case you're interested

Series I have read (or at least started):
Meg Langslow (even my teens like listening to these in the car on the way to and from school)
Agatha Raisin
Hamish Macbeth
Home Repair is a Homicide
Flavia DeLuce
Maisie Dobbs
Bookseller's Tale
Noodle Shop Mystery
No. 1 Women's Detective Agency
Lord Peter Wimsy
Poirot
Ngaio Marsh

There's one with a lady vicar solving mysteries, but I can't remember the name of the series.

I'm sure there are more. I've been on the planet long enough to forget much of what I've read.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also like the Southern Sisters Mystery Series by Anne George. Sadly, the author has passed away; but she left us with eight great books.

Latest posts