Covid--up close and personal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many people here are soapers AND healthcare workers?

• Yes I am.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Nope, not me.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Depends how you define it....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MGM

Reaction score
It seems like there are a lot of soapers who are also nurses and other healthcare workers. I know that all essential workers run the risk of covid exposure, but healthcare workers see a particularly pointy end of the current situation.
I define healthcare worker broadly...if you think you are one, I probably will think so too!

I’m the program manager for the EM residency. I’ve worked throughout the whole Covid 19 breakout and continue to work. We’ve been extremely fortunate, non of my attending or residents with the exception of one have tested positive. The majority have had antibody testing x 2 and still only one. A several of our nurses have tested positive and been sick. I’ve also worked the command center numerous times during the worst of it and worked in the drive through triage doing whatever was needed. Really sucked a lot of energy with the volume of death and extremely sick patients. It’s finally at a workable level and has been for a few weeks now. Our numbers are ticking up a bit but still manageable. We have an amazing work crew and they’ve been supportive all along even when the upper hospital management wasn’t. I’ve worked there 41 years now.

Back