Couple Project

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the first time, Mrs. Zing wanted to learn how to make soap! Hers is the uncolored one and smells awesome with basil/lemongrass EO. Mine is the Ione Swirl similar to, ahem, MY THIRD PLACE WINNER IN FEBRUARY (SMF February 2020 Challenge (Ione Swirl) - entry thread) (yep, I'll be ridin' that one fer awhile. 😁)
20200805_192913.jpg20200805_220932.jpg20200805_221018.jpg20200805_193025.jpg20200805_192941.jpg
I wanted to swirl at light to medium trace but with schooling Mrs. Zing and all, I ended up with a thick trace -- so I was pleasantly surprised to see how it turned out. Scent is lavender and anise -- and it's the most interesting combo.

Last edited:
It is so sweet to see one addict, errrr, ahem, enthusiast, happily enabling, I mean TEACHING another about soap!

Seriously, both soaps look great! Will you be taking a second (or third) job now to support the second soaper in the house? 😂

Beautiful soaps! Interesting EO/FO combo. Did you use EO's? I admit I am a bit jealous of your soaping team! My spouse has no interest.

Gorgeous soaps, Mr and Mrs Zing!! I like the impressive swirl, and lavender and anise e.o.'s is one of my favourite combinations. I also like the uncoloured soap, it looks "clean".

t is so sweet to see one addict, errrr, ahem, enthusiast, happily enabling, I mean TEACHING another about soap!

Seriously, both soaps look great! Will you be taking a second (or third) job now to support the second soaper in the house? 😂
LOL! We'll see if she continues, she was a bit intimidated by the calculations and precise weighing. She's always been helpful with naming, packaging, and labeling. I've always called her my marketing team, now she's also in production.
Beautiful soaps! Interesting EO/FO combo. Did you use EO's? I admit I am a bit jealous of your soaping team! My spouse has no interest.
I use essential oils.
Nicely done, you two! When do we get to "meet" Mrs. Zing?
And here's my honey:
6e69714bc.png
I am a fortunate man and we just celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary.👩‍❤️‍👨

LOL! We'll see if she continues, she was a bit intimidated by the calculations and precise weighing. She's always been helpful with naming, packaging, and labeling. I've always called her my marketing team, now she's also in production.

I use essential oils.

And here's my honey:
View attachment 48382
I am a fortunate man and we just celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary.👩‍❤️‍👨
Welcome Mrs. Zing!! And congrats to the two of you... 27 years is quite the accomplishment.

Back