Couple of Weekend Batches

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRBeck

Reaction score
I haven't ever posted any pics of my soap here, so be gentle. I hadn't soaped since the batch I did for the AL swap, and I need some bath soaps to restock, so I made up a couple of batches over the weekend. One is a lavender/orange EO blend and the other is a mixture of citrus EO and FO - orange, grapefruit, kumquat. My pics of the butterfly didn't come out great, so I'll have to try to get a better one at some point, but I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

I'm not a purple lover but your butterfly is pretty. I love the contrast between the yellow and the red/ orange color.

Thanks. In both soaps the yellow is much more saturated than I expected, but it's a happy accident, I think, as the purple is a very deep hue and the red is offset well, too. I will get a better handle on the butterfly eventually, but this was only my second effort, so I'm fairly satisfied. Now, a question. The gray in the lavender and orange soap Is black oyster mica. Activated charcoal has given me similarly deep gray but not real black. Pit works well in this soap and I think black would not be ideal, but I want to be able to do a true black. Anyone get great black without lots of activated charcoal?

Back