Couple of ?'s please...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalosnowgirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can answer these -

1) Does anyone use lecithin in their CP soaps? Could you please give me a little expanation as to why/why not?

2) What is an exceptable ph level for a cured bar and what method are you using to test it? I would love a 7...but is a 9 more realistic?

I just tested a recipe - and it seems a little high on ph. It's at a 9, three weeks out on curing time. :oops:

Thanks for your insight everyone.

A "9" on a reputable test strip or using a pH meter is a good number for soap of that age, or even 2 months old! 8) Anything under 10 is just fine. Our skin pH is just over 7 pH. There is a LOT of info on this subject on the net, just Google pH of lye soap! :wink:

This is a great article to read regarding this topic;

http://waltonfeed.com/old/soap/soaplit.html

Paul :wink:

Thanks Paul! I actually had read that article....guess I just needed a boost of self confidence today.

Had a batch seize immediately on me - my first one. Wow - it's pretty amazing to see first hand. I make 21 lb batches and never had one seize before. :oops:

All I could do was laugh, ya know?

I was using a heavy floral once and scenting it at 1 oz. PPO, and was soaping at a 33% solution I think, and boy did I have soap on a stick blender in just a few seconds! :lol: :roll: That was a smash in the mold log for sure! i learned a valuable lesson that time in my earlier soap making days for sure! :oops: :lol:

Latest posts

Back