Couldn't resist the try, Bacon and Oatmeal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe they make a container w/strainer for this purpose. This would be an old time item. Maybe search out country store sites. Still like your soap.
Dang ma, they don't sell ripple cutters at the $store. We'll have to go to wally world.
Hey Ford, they have wavy cutters at Hobby Lobby in the soap making supplies section, and you can always use the 40% off coupon!

Sorry this went off track. Here is a pic. Of grease strainer/container thingy I was talking about. They are more common than I thought. Still nice soap!

Attachments

• grease.jpeg
    grease.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 11
My wife had left over bacon grease that I had to see if I could make into a smooth bar of soap. There was enough to make a small batch with 27% Bacon Grease and four other oils.. I worked the formula for a couple of days till I felt is was good for an attempt.. Wow its smooth and turned out Great. The smell is fantastic.. The Oatmeal with the bacon was spot on.. Now if I can just get the dogs to stop following me..

View attachment 46022
I told my husband about this and he gave me full approval to try this soap! The dog (who was drooling) and kids all agreed! :nodding:

Sorry this went off track. Here is a pic. Of grease strainer/container thingy I was talking about. They are more common than I thought. Still nice soap!
Could just pour it through a regular mesh strainer too. Plus side is the mesh will filter out more grit. I think I have about 5lbs of bacon grease in a container in the fridge. I just keep adding to it. I thought about making soap with it, but I wouldn't want the bacon smell. I have boiled it in salt water 2x, there's a faint smell still..
1589827390562.png

Latest posts

Back