Could use help on this one.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
C1A43D5C-1FC2-4534-A226-0887D9F9D47A.jpeg
Ideas please! Lol

So I completely just made a scentless batch of soap on accident pretty much.. I soaped at a high temperature, and didn’t heed the warning on this certain fragrance that the scent will fade with gel phase and soaping at high temps :eek:. And boy did it fade!!!! And it’s such rich colors!

I just tossed it in the freezer in a panic mid gel phase even though the scent is pretty much smelling like windex at this point. :confused:

I have never tried re batch soap. Can I cut this up when I un mold and incorporate into a fresh newly scented design with a lower temp? And add the chunks? Make it look like I did it on purpose? o_O

Some scents will come back. Just let it cure
Okayyyy lol I am not known to be patient lol

Just give it a chance. If you're not happy with it later, you can still rebatch. Just don't assume that it will be terrible without allowing it to do its thing.

It's beautiful, by the way.
Thank youu. I think I just panicked when it started smelling so chemically and then reading the reviews of the scent it was a major palm to face moment. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Really pretty batch! I agree, give it time.

I made a coffee/cocoa/mint batch weeks ago, mint was the only fragrance added. It smelled awful when I sliced it. I almost threw it out. Now that it has been curing for a few weeks it smells great. :smallshrug:

Very pretty colors! Does the swirl go all the way through or just the top?

I'm with everyone on waiting, and I'm known to hide my soap from myself so I sometimes get nice lil surprises lol

BUT in case you really still don't like it after, you can make a mosaic tile pattern with cubes of this soap embedded in a nice creamy white :)

Never judge the smell of freshly-cut soap as being the end of the story. You'd be surprised at how many scents bounce back over the weeks of cure. Not all of them do, but many do.

If it doesn't bounce back, I would do what Dawni recommended^^^.

IrishLass :)

Never judge the smell of freshly-cut soap as being the end of the story. You'd be surprised at how many scents bounce back over the weeks of cure. Not all of them do, but many do.

If it doesn't bounce back, I would do what Dawni recommended^^^.

IrishLass :)
I second that!! I have a lilac scent that I really didn’t like out of the bottle and also just after cutting - and now it smells great about a month into curing. Also - another floral that smelled great out of the bottle - now it smells like sweet smelling poo! Go figure!!

6FD36A7E-6862-41E2-BE8A-CEB784E5BC95.jpeg

I'm with everyone on waiting, and I'm known to hide my soap from myself so I sometimes get nice lil surprises lol

BUT in case you really still don't like it after, you can make a mosaic tile pattern with cubes of this soap embedded in a nice creamy white :)
Unfortunately the orange accelerated and my swirl idea went down the drain. The innards def doesn’t look pretty like the top lol. Very pretty colors just looks like I just flopped it all in. Welllll I kinda did Hahahaha. Whole batch was a bust haha. Win some ya lose some.

It's gorgeous! If you rebatch, the blue + purple + orange = brown. You could confetti soap. But honestly - I'd just set it aside. Unless the smell is just nasty, SOMEBODY will like it.
Aww well thank you! Makes me feel a bit better.. still waiting out the scent soooo wishing and hopin and prayin lol.

View attachment 37233
Unfortunately the orange accelerated and my swirl idea went down the drain. The innards def doesn’t look pretty like the top lol. Very pretty colors just looks like I just flopped it all in. Welllll I kinda did Hahahaha. Whole batch was a bust haha. Win some ya lose some.
I think it'll still be doable. The colors are great. It'll just depend on how and where you cut it. That's if the scent you don't like doesn't improve...

hahahah "hide your soap from yourself" - i think that is the greatest bit of advice i have heard in ages

Back