Could someone help me to learn this technique?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I found these soaps on Pinterest and I was obsessed with these deep mica lines. Can anyone help me to find a video for this technique?

Attachments

• صابونتي2.jpg
    صابونتي2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • صابونتي.jpg
    صابونتي.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
I would say pour your gold mica mixed with oil on the top of your soap, held slightly higher up so it penetrates the soap surface just a little. Pour it while the soap is in the mold, thickened but still slightly liquid. The oil will absorb into the soap. Make sure you cover with plastic like Saran Wrap, but not touching the soap. It will help with ash that may form.

They are beautiful and I can see why you want to give this a try. Clyde of Vibrant Soap used this technique quite a bit. Since moving to Portugal, he has renamed his YouTube channel Vibrant Channels with Clyde, but the soap making videos are still there. Here is one

I really appreciate your response this video is pretty informative thank you,

I did this one a few years back but it didn’t sink in quite as much. I think I let the soap firm up a little too much. I also gave it a little swirl!
Your soap looks AMAZING! Thank you for your reply.

They are beautiful and I can see why you want to give this a try. Clyde of Vibrant Soap used this technique quite a bit. Since moving to Portugal, he has renamed his YouTube channel Vibrant Channels with Clyde, but the soap making videos are still there. Here is one

Friend! Do I thank you or curse you for showing me a whole new rabbit hole on the YouTubes??!!

Latest posts

Back