Could I ask for input on my recipe please..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well now theres an expensive mistake lol. I made (2) 12 bar cavity molds of them lol. And they are so pretty and smell so good.. And they later so well already. But i dont want to babysit them for 8+ more months if i cant use them.

How about with a washcloth? Or are they just no good?
I use finely ground Himalayan salt in all of my salt bars. I suffer no scratching at all, let alone scarring. I actually add coffee grounds to make it a bit scrubby. So my advice would be not to throw yours out unless you find that they irritate your skin.

I use finely ground Himalayan salt in all of my salt bars. I suffer no scratching at all, let alone scarring. I actually add coffee grounds to make it a bit scrubby. So my advice would be not to throw yours out unless you find that they irritate your skin.
Its the fine pink [Himalayan] sea salt from WSP.

Did you grind your own, or buy it ground? I'm wondering because so many people say it scratches their skin; I once used a small amount of Himalayan salt I ground myself in a salt bar, and it was unusable. It's beautiful salt and I'd like to use it and thought maybe professionally ground makes a difference.

Did you grind your own, or buy it ground? I'm wondering because so many people say it scratches their skin; I once used a small amount of Himalayan salt I ground myself in a salt bar, and it was unusable. It's beautiful salt and I'd like to use it and thought maybe professionally ground makes a difference.

I put the oatmeal in the blender and I thought I had ground it very finely. However, it is a little scratchy which I really like, especially as a handsoap, but my husband does not like it at all. My daughter and son-in-law love it, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

I buy the finely ground pink Himalayan from Costco. I’m sure it’s finer than I could get it even in my grain grinder.

Back