Cottongrass layered soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsZ

Obsessive hobbyist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut soap today. I'm pretty pleased with it, especially considering my design plan changed twice during the pour.

It was going to be a drop swirl, then a layered hanger swirl, then it ended up being simple layers due to acceleration.

It's scented with Nurture Soap's Cottongrass. It smelled amazing OOB and right after the pour. It smells a bit like Vick's Vaporub today. I hope it leans more floral and less medicinal after a while.

IMG_20221102_205744693.jpg

I have a 1 oz sample bottle of that but haven't soaped with it yet. Good to know it might be a speedy one. I hope that your soap returns to the intended smell soon.

I have a 1 oz sample bottle of that but haven't soaped with it yet. Good to know it might be a speedy one. I hope that your soap returns to the intended smell soon.
All the reviews said it behaves perfectly. I expect the acceleration was my fault more than anything. I tried adding the FO to the oils before my lye solution for the first time, and it moved quickly. I expect my results may have been different if I had added FO later as I usually do.

All the reviews said it behaves perfectly. I expect the acceleration was my fault more than anything. I tried adding the FO to the oils before my lye solution for the first time, and it moved quickly. I expect my results may have been different if I had added FO later as I usually do.
Thank you. I forgot to tell you that your soap turned out to be very pretty in spite of the problems you had.

Back