Cotton Candy/Pink Sugar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkduchon

Reaction score
I read in a post somewhere that someone on the forum purchased a terrific FO of cotton candy or pink sugar. I tried to do a search and re-looking on posts throughout the Forum index, but to no avail. If anyone can remember where it is, I would really appreciate a direction to it.
Thanks a bunch.

I wasn't the one who posted but I got cotton candy from WSP and Pink Sugar from Common Scents LLC. Like both. I have only used those in M&P and they did wonderful.

Any FO with Vanilla is going to turn tan/brown.

How deep a tan/brown depends on how much vanilla. There are some stabilizers that can help lessen the browning, but they are mostly for MP. I've never come across one that works well with a high vanilla count in CP.

Daystars will turn muddy, but you can add vanilla color stabalizer to combat that.

I make cold process and the stabilizers I have seen are for melt and pour. If anyone knows of one for cold process I would be in your debt!

I remember Paul posting a recommendation for a Pink Sugar that does not turn brown. I can't remember the company but he would be the one to ask.

Thanks Digit. I just ordered some stabilizer from Bitter Creek and will put it to use as soon as it comes in! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I have the vanilla stabilizer from Bittercreek too. I have used it several times and it seems to work well. Soap still goes tan but not that chocolate brown color. Funny thing, though, sometimes it does not work at all and I can't figure it out. Maybe it is working and the soap would be even darker without it. I think that the FOs that are heavy with vanilla have the most trouble being "stabilized." I use it routinely for those scents...figuring that it is doing some good. :)

Rita, Have you had problems with oils leaking through when you have used the stabilizer? I made a batch of soap the other day and it was very oily on the outside and it kind of smells weird. Have you noticed this in your soap. Maybe I should have taken some base oils out to compensate for the FO - I used 4 oz. of it.

Back