Costco or Sam's club worth the membership fees?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only have Sam's here, but I would say we paid for the membership in our first two trips...EASY. And that is the business membership. I hate shopping in the worst way, so having somewhere to get bulk items is a lifesaver. Only thing I found cheaper at Walmart is the toilet paper.

If we had a Costco, I would have that membership instead after reading the above!

Susie, I have to say this, I have been thinking it for a while. I think it ultra sweet to see you referring to your best friend as your husband now. It just makes it seem as if the world works out in the right way, sometimes.

I love Costco. We are empty nesters, but still get a lot of stuff there. Depending on how much room you have for storage, the membership easily pays for itself. Everything from CHOCOLATE to books. The produce is good quality, and I have yet to be disappointed with the Kirkland branded items.

Oh, I just remembered... Kirkland Champagne isn't half bad according to my husband. I don't like any champagne (other than smelling them in FOs) so I'm no judge.

We cant leave Cosco without spending $300 bucks, so we go with our friends who have a membership (and they monitor us...) or have them pick up olive oil for me. In exchange we order stuff on Amazon prime for them.

I don't think we'd get the same bargains as you do in the U.S. My dh and I went to Cosco to see if we could just have a look before purchasing a membership and they wouldn't let us in. So guess what, they lost a potential customer and they were very rude about it.

A current affair program did some cross checking of prices with Cosco and the big supermarkets and they didn't come out as cheap as you would think, so now I just look out for specials in the supermarkets and get it there. The concept of paying a yearly membership to a shop, not even being able to see if it's goods that you would buy, before getting a membership is new and foreign here. I think I'm glad I saved my $60.

Latest posts

Back