Costco finds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What...no olive oil? I saw that pink salt the last time I was there, but I restrained myself, because I was buying lots of olive oil. Don't they have the best cheese? The last time I got some there, it was a selection of Spanish cheeses...heaven. And I love their big jars of sun dried tomatoes. And the peach/mango salsa. Oh, and their pistachios are so good too. And...and...and...it's a dangerous place.

I'm super jealous of the pink salt find. I've never seen that at the one near me. I did get a plastic container set the last time I was there - perfect for organizing FOs.

My big weaknesses there are the croissants and danishes. They are so much netter than the ones at my local grocery store. I actually have to head down to Costco tomorrow since I'm going into town for Easter candy and might as well restock up on Costco stuff while I'm in the area. I keep trying to convince my 22 and 17 year old daughters that the Easter Bunny isn't real and no longer need baskets, but... free candy! Maybe the mythical bunny will help me find some pink sea salt...

May I ask what do you do with Himalyan pink salt? I know it doesn't work for salt bars. We use it mostly in the kitchen for various reasons.

I'm so jealous, Dixie! I was at Costco in the Phoenix area a couple of days ago and only found OO. I usually get my avocado oil there but they happened to be out. :cry: But the cheese, always have to pick that up. And Dave's Killer Bread, the only store brand my DH can eat.

I've used pink Himilayan salt often in salt bars, madison. Makes them a beautiful pale pink/peach color. Perfect with fruity or floral scents!

I don't have the fine Himalayan salt here, they sell only the coarse quality in two stores. I don't use it in salt bars it's very scratchy.

My Costco only sells the coarse Pink Salt. Won't use that. They at one time carried a small container of fine Pink but haven't seen it in a very long time.

I love my OO and Avocado oils from there. I'm in there once every week or two. I purchase a lot of stuff for the house and it's on my way home from work.

I've never used Himalayan salt, but couldn't you grind it up in a food processor?
I get baking soda for my bath bombs and bubble bath at Costco. Big bags of it and it is the best price. I do get lots of questions when I have several large bags of baking soda in my cart!

Not that I noticed. I Googled "Costco Price Codes" b/c they can indicate if an item is on sale or is going to be discontinued. But .69 doesn't seem to mean anything. I've never bought the avocado at Costco before so I can't tell you if that's the usual price at my Costco.

I love Costco! I put course pink salt in a coffee grinder and it turned to powder!

Are the stacking flats cardboard?

Back