Cost increase of olive oil at Sam's Club

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozarkscents

Reaction score
I asked my hubby to pick up a couple gallon jugs of olive oil from Sam's yesterday. The cost was $15.98. Last time I bought them at Sam's, they were $14.98. That was about 5 months ago.

Is this price increase just for Arkansas or everywhere?

Ok... I see I missed the half in front of liters.

A liter and quart are pretty close to the same size. So it would take about 8 to make a gallon.

That puts it at about $24 for a little more than a gallon.

Yep, it was $15.98 in Wisconsin too.

I remember reading that the olive harvest was bad recently because of storms and a fungal? infection.

Ok... I see I missed the half in front of liters.

A liter and quart are pretty close to the same size. So it would take about 8 to make a gallon.

That puts it at about $24 for a little more than a gallon.

Certainly, but it's nice because it's a bulk price without having to buy a whole gallon. One of these bottles lasts me nearly 3 batches of soap, so a full gallon would last me about a year!

It's a mix of refined olive and EVO.

you guys should start talk Metric like almost whole world,
Do you have any idea how difficult is to remember all this. American Gallon and Canadian Gallon is not the same. Once is something like 28 grams but two oz cosmetic jar will have 60 g of cream. oh confusing:))

you guys should start talk Metric like almost whole world,
Do you have any idea how difficult is to remember all this. American Gallon and Canadian Gallon is not the same. Once is something like 28 grams but two oz cosmetic jar will have 60 g of cream. oh confusing:))

I agree. But I was a chem major oh so many years ago in college - so I think in metric alot! :)

Back