Cosplay and sewing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
Does anyone else here do cosplay costumes? I am working on my first, a Jedi General from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon that ran on Disney. I cut out all of the big pieces for the outer tunic this evening and laid them out in place:

15781341_10211135703125386_902137504280571316_n.jpg

I have not sewn since I outgrew 4H hmm-odd years ago. Fortunately my mother is a seamstress and is available for help, but y'all, sewing this outfit to Rebel Legion standards, the group I want to join, is daunting the mess out of me. Filling the seams on my plastic bracers with bondo and painting those is going to be the easy part as far as I'm concerned!

You seamstresses would also be amused to know that forever and always my mother was fussing at us kids about using the sewing scissors for anything but fabric. I am 36 years old. She took the opportunity tonight to get yet another "that's why you don't use sewing scissors for anything but fabric!" dig in when I complained about using some heavy scissors (that to my credit, were bought from the sewing department, but have been used for sign vinyl and other sundry things since then) in the vinyl stuff that hurt my wrist and cut funny.

Back