Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh - I just read this! Poor Mrs @Zing! Please wish her all the best from little old me in NZ - who now have rapidly spreading cases of the Delta variant (watch this space).
Good luck to you too @Misschief - here's hoping it's not covid
xx
Thank you for the well wishes. Too bad about NZ, I've been following how it responded to the pandemic and was ready to immigrate. Stay safe.

Well, I got my brain poked at, should get the results tomorrow.
I think I might have some of that altered sense of smell going on though. I sat down and was wondering what the weird smell of rotten fruit was.
Then I realized it was the glass of wine in my hand 😭

Thank you for the well wishes. Too bad about NZ, I've been following how it responded to the pandemic and was ready to immigrate. Stay safe.
We had a man die of DELTA yesterday. He was 55 :-(
Overall our total death count from COVID is not bad - at only 28 since the start of the pandemic last year. But still, we only have 5 mill population, so it's all relative. This delta spreads like wildfire though - you barely ned to look at someone and you catch it.

We had a man die of DELTA yesterday. He was 55 :-(
Overall our total death count from COVID is not bad - at only 28 since the start of the pandemic last year. But still, we only have 5 mill population, so it's all relative. This delta spreads like wildfire though - you barely ned to look at someone and you catch it.

This is why I have only left my house for a few trips to the doctor and outdoor trips to big box home improvement stores (with gloves and mask) since this began. My immune system is not good at all, as my hematologist just warned me, and I have lost two very dear friends to this. I don't need to add to the list. I have the privilege of working from home, so here I will stay until this is much better. I attend my church online, and even my Sunday School is online now.

Just to let everyone know, we already have the flu going around. So much fun!
My doctor told me that they have predicted a very rough flu season this year. I still have to get my jab for that.

I've had 12 colds in 6 months (thanks to kids in daycare) so I don't want to risk it.

Our results came back last night: we're both negative. The nurse who tested us did tell us there is a particularly nasty cold going around right now; a lot of their staff have been getting it.

I'm starting to feel better but definitely not there yet. This cold packs a wallop, comes on hard and fast and takes a while to leave. I can remember my mom's doctor telling her a cold is about a week with medication and seven days without. It's already been 11 days and I'm still nowhere near over it.

I've already had the flu this fall. I called my doctor's office and they said it was safer to stay home and nurse myself through it than to come in and get the medication. They were really unsurprised I had it, they said it hit the first week of September. I did go ahead and get my flu and Pneumovax 23 when I saw the doctor.

Hopefully you guys can help me talk this through.

whenever work arranges it I will be getting my COVID booster. I got phizer for the first two doses. Would it be more effective if I requested a different vaccine brand or does it matter at this point? (I’ll take what I can get regardless of my options)

I just have concerns since six months ago everyone was comparing where the vaccines were tested to what variants they were most effective against. Is it similar to birth control being more effective if you use a condom and have an IUD? Are two brands better than one? Or am I over thinking since this is still so new in the grand scheme of thing? As I said, I’m not saying no when it comes to signing up for whatever booster they offer

I listened to an epidemiologist last night on the news who said unless you were allergic to the one you'd had, there was no reason to change brands.. EXCEPT for the J&J.

If you had J&J, she urged you to get one of the mRNA for booster (Moderna or Pfizer). She said she herself had had the J&J and was going to get one of the others for her booster.

Dear dear friend has been hospitalized for three weeks. Currently intubated and in a medical coma. She was fully vaccinated but had several other risk factors. Her parents came up for prayer at church yesterday - dad couldn’t speak, mom barely able to whisper a few words. We are all heartbroken.

This woman has (had?) an amazing singing voice and other musical talents. She has a sweet husband and 13yo miracle child (she wasn’t supposed to be able to conceive).

Docs say her lungs are very scarred. She needs a miracle to survive and then to recover. Appreciate prayers from all of you who pray.

Back