Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile I'll just sit over here in New Zealand where we have only a handful of current cases, all in managed isolation facilities where they are placed on arrival into the country.
It is impossible to stop this virus spread - just like influenza and even more - because so many as 85% and probably more infections go unnoticed - because of mild symptoms or no symptoms at all - it is to stay on this planet. It is the question of time when everyone contracts it. Just relax and try to keep your inflamation factors (adrenalin first of all) down.

No one wants to look at the facts.

1. You're just as likely to contract and die of ordinary flu as you are coronavirus -- no one is suggesting lockdowns or masks for ordinary flu.
2. A hundred years ago it was demonstrated that cloth masks do not (I repeat, do NOT) slow or stop the spread of airborne viruses -- a hundred years ago.
3. If lockdowns and masks were necessary for survival, then why is anyone alive in Sweden.
4. If lockdowns and masks slow down and stop the spread of coronavirus, then why are there so many deaths in New York and New Jersey, where mask requirements and lockdowns have been the greatest.
5. A hundred years ago, it was demonstrated that vitamin D is the only effective countermeasure for respiratory viral diseases. In Europe, the governments are finally telling people to take vitamin D. Why isn't our government and the medical community telling people to take vitamin D?

Anyone who talks about the facts is marginalized as being stupid, ignorant, or possessed of a desire to kill everyone. Allow fact, reason, logic, and science rule the day, rather than fear, hysteria, non-sense, and pseudoscience.
Clinical studies demonstrate that flu shots are no more effective than placebo. Yet, the government and the medical community continue to push them. Why?
All untrue, sad that you are repeating this. The Flu does kill a number of people each year, but nowhere near as many as this virus does - and this virus has so much sequelae (it's effects keep on). Sweden has the highest daily death rate in the world and it's getting worse there. The Flu vaccine has a 60% effectiveness rate, which is not perfect, but it does help prevent the Flu in those that would suffer the most - it's not a placebo vaccine. Masks do work, this is proven. In areas where mask wearing was enforced, the number of cases and more importantly the number of deaths decreased. I'm a registered nurse and I have been wearing masks for 35 years. My mask protects you - your mask protects me - that's how that works. I do believe that vitamin D does help to strengthen the immune system, but it is in no way proven to combat the Covid-19 virus.

All untrue, sad that you are repeating this. The Flu does kill a number of people each year, but nowhere near as many as this virus does
.... My mask protects you - your mask protects me - that's how that works.

"Never believe statistics that you did not fix yourself"
Even with Hopkins data there are only 1.5% deaths from REGISTERED cases. Considering the fact most cases (+-85%) go unnoticed/untested - the death rate is indeed similar to regular flu.
Please show me those trucks with bodies. You know some time ago, I looked at "portable crematories" in China that were hysterically shared over internet - they are just portable homes of older type, like those for seasonal fieldworkers and builders - obviously set up for additional incoming personal needed in Wuhan. :))

Clinical studies demonstrate that flu shots are no more effective than placebo. Yet, the government and the medical community continue to push them. Why?

well mensasnem, looks like we both know why ;) just when we say it loud we would be stigmatized and ignored..
Vaccines are pushed for same reason why there is an agenda in WHO - "How to create interest in pharma-companies to produce cheap but vital medications for "3d world" countries (where folks can not pay big bucks for medi). Because pharma-companies said repeatedly - "we are NOT welfare organizations but companies - our primary goal is making PROFIT. Make us get profit from those 3d world medies and we would produce them as much you like". And they feel comfortable to say that. It's official. It's legal. It's fact . That is THE simple and ugly truth about "why"...

Why isn't our government and the medical community telling people to take vitamin D?

Mmm... Because that would expose the fact, that total supplementation of Milk with Vit D did not work? ...maybe even did it worse because Vit D can work only until VIt K is not depleted. When there is a lack of Vit K you can eat "tons" of Vit D and it would not work. And if you take into account that 75% of synthetic Vit K offered to population are ineffective (possibly harmful) isomers of similar Vit K molecule. And that synthetic Vit D often causes inflammation of bowes... Oh my better keep silent :))

Last edited:
Dear paradisi, you obviously did not read my answer (#1,165) to you? That you still offer me information from "Forbes" - in your opinion THIS is THE authority to get information about how Immunity works? biologist and doctors have to learn from "Forbes" to make their opinion???
I would laugh if such ignorance wouldn't be so sad...
Btw, the very same "authorities" cried out loud in February and March - "DO NOT WEAR MASKS - MASKS DO NOT HELP!" - on all channels and pages! - and ultimately promoted high infection rates making sure this virus becomes unstoppable (though with 85% asymptomatic infections it essentially IS unstoppable, as we know now)
Perhaps it would help if you read the actual article. This is the resume of the person who wrote it.
Victoria Forster
Victoria Forster

I am a postdoctoral research scientist focusing on childhood cancers and new, targeted cancer therapies. As a survivor of childhood leukemia myself, I am a determined advocate for research into better, less-toxic cancer treatments and how to reduce the long-term side effects of current drugs. I am an award-winning science communicator and have written for The Times, The Guardian and various cancer-focused outlets. I am also a 2017 TED Fellow, having done my TED talk on cancer survivorship and I regularly do public talks on topics ranging from ‘Why haven’t we cured cancer yet?’ to ‘Cannabis and cancer; hype or hope?’. I am passionate about using social media to communicate science and frequently share pictures and stories from my own laboratory work in real-time on my Twitter account @vickyyyf, alongside commentary about important research breakthroughs. You can find out more about me and how to get in contact via my website drvickyforster.com. All of my articles reflect my personal views and not those of my employer.

There is no way to continuously avoid germs unless you live in a bubble, and as a biologist you should know that.
Yes, placing someone with an immature immune system (babies) in a protective environment for years would cause their immune system to be less robust than someone's who had been exposed to more germs. That is why scientists have found that children who play outside have a more robust immune system.
Correct, thank you , exactly what I said.

All adults who do not have an immune disorder have a well developed immune system and are not harmed by wearing a mask.
and here is the laps of reasoning. Above you state being exposed makes "more robust immune system", and now you say it is good to avoid. ???

If that were true, all the people who wear masks every day at work would be harmed, and they are not. I don't have any idea where you got this information, but it is incorrect.
You obviously are not paitent enough to read my comment to the end, because I explained fully why - "...and after work they contracted <previously> LOTS of germs in stores, restaurants, at home from family members who do NOT wear masks at work and bring every single germ back home to "surgeons, nurses, firefighters, painters, drywallers, etc".

Perhaps it would help if you read the actual article. This is the resume of the person who wrote it.
Victoria Forster
I am a postdoctoral research scientist focusing on childhood cancers

Nice for her, but should I throw away all the opinions of proffs in microbiology, virology and biochemistry and that of doctors with decades(!) of experience because some nice young "postdoctoral research scientist focusing on childhood cancers" decided to give her opinion to virus by Forbes?

No one wants to look at the facts.

1. You're just as likely to contract and die of ordinary flu as you are coronavirus -- no one is suggesting lockdowns or masks for ordinary flu.
2. A hundred years ago it was demonstrated that cloth masks do not (I repeat, do NOT) slow or stop the spread of airborne viruses -- a hundred years ago.
3. If lockdowns and masks were necessary for survival, then why is anyone alive in Sweden.
4. If lockdowns and masks slow down and stop the spread of coronavirus, then why are there so many deaths in New York and New Jersey, where mask requirements and lockdowns have been the greatest.
5. A hundred years ago, it was demonstrated that vitamin D is the only effective countermeasure for respiratory viral diseases. In Europe, the governments are finally telling people to take vitamin D. Why isn't our government and the medical community telling people to take vitamin D?

Anyone who talks about the facts is marginalized as being stupid, ignorant, or possessed of a desire to kill everyone. Allow fact, reason, logic, and science rule the day, rather than fear, hysteria, non-sense, and pseudoscience.
It may be worth it to read up on what Trump took when being treated for covid and what Dr Fauci recommends as far as vitamin D. It was plastered all over the news. And what has been acknowledged for many years now as a supplement worth taking. Also a very commen lab test ordered at any VA facility- vit D level. And prescribed for veterans if low on it. Also high doses recommended by naturalpaths, altho not always taken seriously by some. Vitamin D is very well documented, but you may have missed that. I think we all want to look at the facts during a time when we get so much misinformation. It’s not so much that one can die from covid anymore than dying from the flu. It’s that covid attacks the body in strange ways, very unpredictable, and nothing like we’ve experienced before. It fills up hospitals faster than people sick from the flu. I agree with you that we should listen to science.

Nice for her, but should I throw away all the opinions of proffs in microbiology, virology and biochemistry and that of doctors with decades(!) of experience because some nice young "postdoctoral research scientist focusing on childhood cancers" decided to give her opinion to virus by Forbes?
Could you provide me with your sources? I am curious and would like to follow your reasoning.

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a friend. I have been very lucky thus far, and I have not lost anyone to this disease yet. I'm sure I would be much more frustrated with misinformation if I had lost a loved one. My condolences.
Thank you. It's been a dark week.
Another friend had a stroke after covid, it's not something the survivors are all fine when it's over. I don't understand people minimizing this.

I'd like to mention also that the death rate of Covid has surpassed the death rate of the flu compounded over several seasons now.
it is incorrect to assume that virus is more dangerous based on absolute counts - it IS essentially relatively new virus so population does not have immunity and all get sick more or less at once (relatively to millennia of years of influenza) But if you look at percentage of deadly cases - it IS similar to influenza.

Additionally, just because a patient doesn't die of Covid, doesn't mean they won't have possibly life-long complications from the disease. I know several people who now have COPD as a direct result of Covid.
couple of months is luckily not long enough to call it " CHRONIC obstructive pulmonary disease" - my cousin had coronaviral infection back in 2018 (yes, 2018, all symptoms of COVID, just a whole year earlier) and her lungs did not work properly about 4 months after she got better, but she is absolutely back to normal over a year as by now. So I have reason to hope that most of those affected would recover likewise!
As well I know a young girl whose kidneys died after influenza infection. She was on dialysis for years until her mother (friend of mine) could give her one of hers.
My father got deaf on one ear after influenza infection.
I had Influenza - whole week in a bed with 40.5°C(105F) that could not be pushed below 39.6 (103.5F) and it actually helped me to combat Lyme I had by that time. SO I know that influenza is VERY serious disease. And yet I am not immunizing against flu - because natural boosts are more effective, do not contain neurotoxic metals, yes - sometimes are dangerous (as are vaccines sometimes), but sometimes unexpectedly give us additional positive effect.

Regarding the flu vaccine: even though it isn't as effective as I think they would like it to be, there have been several studies done that indicate strongly that the flu vaccine does protect from severe flu illness (people who get the vaccine are less likely to be hospitalized and/or die from the flu).

I am absolutely PRO availability of vaccines, but it always should be a FREE CHOICE - without any discrimination at schools or other public places.

The misinformation is so frustrating to me too. A lot of people have a very short-term outlook on this situation.
It is un-ethical to label someone else's differing opinion (quite educated one) as "misinformation", even if it upsets you.
Short therm outlook is - to hope, that you might ignore and comply with the current ongoing loss of freedoms and be well in 10 years.

Last edited:
I have 1 personal contact that has had Covid-19. 1. I live in a small town where just about everyone is related by blood and/or marriage. The person who contracted the CCP virus is from my Quilting Guild and does not live near me.
I work with our local food bank and have seen, nor heard of, anyone who has had it. I filled the position of Lay Chaplain and did not get prayers for friend or family of those that were receiving our services. I guess all the cases we have had are of the asymptomatic kind.

Last edited:
I started this thread as a way to share our experiences and to check in with each other and now I have just read the last few pages with increasing anger.

This forum is NOT the place for politics, conspiracy theories, misinformation or anti vaxx platforms. There are plenty of places elsewhere to share your opinions on all of that but this isn't the forum for it.

After taking all the precautions my husband brought it home from his 1-day week transport job for a retirement facility. He always wore his mask was over six feet from the passengers on his bus, but it did not help us. We have both been very sick since before Thanksgiving. I came down with it a week after my husband and this is the first day I have really been up. This is a very nasty dangerous virus so anyone that ignores the warnings I very much hope you do not get it. I am very concerned about my husband he is not getting over it. I have been fortunate to have not had it as bad, but bad enough, but my husband just cannot shake it. This Virus is Not a game, and I for one will most likely risk taking the vaccine when it comes available.

I am so sorry @cmzaha I hope you are both ok! I should have elaborated on my post. I was squashing a few prior posts on whether or not the government was making it mandatory.

I had a scare last week and yesterday was my first day back to work after a mandatory quarantine because I had symptoms. Like literally got off the phone with my boss at 130 pm and dozed off on the sofa...woke up at 1230am...11 hours later. I had a cycle of sleeping for almost 12 hours, being awake for a few, then sleeping another 12 for the entire week. It was weird. Then I woke up once thinking it was xmas and called my daughter. Had a screaming sore throat and felt generally flu-y and achy. Really winded just walking to the bathroom. I tested negative. I don't trust the tests, but my symptoms, whatever they were, have gone away. It is kind of my sick season anyway, but I couldn't justify going into work when they also seemed like covid symptoms.

Still not sure about the vaccine. I said yes that I would take it, but there is still a big question in my head on whether or not it is safe. And maybe I am just listening to too many theories on both ends, but I am not going to be the one lucky lottery winner that was offered the vax and declined, only to catch it and get super sick or die later. Not with what I have witnessed over the past 9 months.

edit: Not sure of the significance...but before today we havent heard anything about an actual plan. Then I got the text asking for an immediate decision. It was a yes or no...RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:
After taking all the precautions my husband brought it home from his 1-day week transport job for a retirement facility. He always wore his mask was over six feet from the passengers on his bus, but it did not help us. We have both been very sick since before Thanksgiving. I came down with it a week after my husband and this is the first day I have really been up. This is a very nasty dangerous virus so anyone that ignores the warnings I very much hope you do not get it. I am very concerned about my husband he is not getting over it. I have been fortunate to have not had it as bad, but bad enough, but my husband just cannot shake it. This Virus is Not a game, and I for one will most likely risk taking the vaccine when it comes available.
I am so sorry to hear that you and your husband have been sick! My husband is extremely high risk since he is already chronically ill, and I am anxious about it, but doing all I can to avoid catching it. As you say, no matter how many precautions you take, you can get it. I send prayers that you continue to feel better and that your husband turns the corner.

I am so sorry @cmzaha I hope you are both ok! I should have elaborated on my post. I was squashing a few prior posts on whether or not the government was making it mandatory.

I had a scare last week and yesterday was my first day back to work after a mandatory quarantine because I had symptoms. Like literally got off the phone with my boss at 130 pm and dozed off on the sofa...woke up at 1230am...11 hours later. I had a cycle of sleeping for almost 12 hours, being awake for a few, then sleeping another 12 for the entire week. It was weird. Then I woke up once thinking it was xmas and called my daughter. Had a screaming sore throat and felt generally flu-y and achy. Really winded just walking to the bathroom. I tested negative. I don't trust the tests, but my symptoms, whatever they were, have gone away. It is kind of my sick season anyway, but I couldn't justify going into work when they also seemed like covid symptoms.

Still not sure about the vaccine. I said yes that I would take it, but there is still a big question in my head on whether or not it is safe. And maybe I am just listening to too many theories on both ends, but I am not going to be the one lucky lottery winner that was offered the vax and declined, only to catch it and get super sick or die later. Not with what I have witnessed over the past 9 months.

edit: Not sure of the significance...but before today we havent heard anything about an actual plan. Then I got the text asking for an immediate decision. It was a yes or no...RIGHT NOW.
I wonder if you should take another test before you take the vaccine? I would guess that your reaction to the vaccine would be enhanced if you have had Covid. At least ask, it might make your decision on what to do more clear to you. I agree that it is a little bit scary to take it, but the alternatives seem much more grim. I am going to take it when it is available to me. Sending good luck to you, Kim. Let us know how it goes. OH, and sorry you have been so sick! It surely sounds like Covid.

I have 1 personal contact that has had Covid-19. 1. I live in a small town where just about everyone is related by blood and/or marriage. The person who contracted the CCP virus is from my Quilting Guild and does not live near me.
I work with our local food bank and have seen, nor heard of, anyone who has had it. I filled the position of Lay Chaplain and did not get prayers for friend or family of those that were receiving our services. I guess all the cases we have had are of the asymptomatic kind.
Your community is lucky, indeed, but don't let your guard down, it will get there eventually. Stay well!

Your community is lucky, indeed, but don't let your guard down, it will get there eventually. Stay well!

Yes, we must be. The whole family came down with something during last year's winter break. It went from not feeling well for me - to full on fever and such for my hubby. Both kids were off a bit as well. This went on for 8 days, thereabouts. My oldest kid is sure it was covid.

Latest posts

Back