Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get to go in for a corona test today and I'm not happy about it.
I wear my mask, stay away from people and wash often but a good 90% of the population here doesn't.

I have anxiety and its running full bore, I'm scared and trying not to freak out. The test itself has me freaked too, I have a issue with things going in noses.
Well that sucks but it will be fine. I hate things going up my nose too but i have had my nose scoped so just remember to breathe and focus in something else. Good luck!

I get to go in for a corona test today and I'm not happy about it.
Hopefully you will have a lab technician as nice as mine! I had to get a test for work and it was a free drive thru test site manned by the National Guard, I think... military of some sort and they were rather intimidating and not very nice! So by the time it was my turn I was almost in tears. With the swab in her had... she said it’s not so bad, everything will be ok! I am almost positive she was smiling behind all her PPE! But the test wasn’t as bad as I was expecting and left a little less stressed. So I will pray for you and send calming vibes you way! Everything will be ok!

I work in a day surgery center. I'm a registered nurse and I still work 1-2 days a week (I'm 69). All the patients in our center who are having a procedure above the chest have to have a Covid test done 2 days before their surgery and to self isolate after the test. Everyone who enters the building must wear a mask and have their temperature taken. All the staff must wear: an N-95 mask, with a level 3 surgical mask over the N-95, face shield, hair covering, gown, shoe coverings and gloves. It's pretty stringent restrictions. Only the patient may enter the building unless the procedure is for a child under 18, then one parent/guardian may enter. No one may remove their mask in the building. Even for breaks and lunch, which most of us have outside. So far, no staff member has gotten Covid, It can definitely be tough wearing an N-95 all day but it seems to be working.

Thanks everyone. Sitting here at the DR waiting to go in, nerves are so bad I feel nauseous.

I'm really beginning to question my need for a test, besides a lack of taste, I have no symptoms.
I did manage to burn my tongue a couple days ago with acid fruit, maybe thats the whole problem.

Thanks everyone. Sitting here at the DR waiting to go in, nerves are so bad I feel nauseous.

I'm really beginning to question my need for a test, besides a lack of taste, I have no symptoms.
I did manage to burn my tongue a couple days ago with acid fruit, maybe thats the whole problem.
I feel for you as I suffer with anxiety too. Saying a prayer for you. It will be over soon. ❤️

I await your results, Obsidian. Burning your tongue is hopefully the entire cause of your sensory change.

The anxiety levels seem to be getting pretty high lately. My eldest son about lost it this morning while trying to talk to me on his malfunctioning phone. Car and phone troubles and neighbor problems lead to gastric disturbances (anxiety does that to him.) He is calmer now that the car is in the shop, his phone is working and he actually had Immodium in his first aid kid, which I advised he take.

We are still waiting on news of the home loan, and found out we have to be even more patient, something that is hard to be right now. Time for me to focus on other things for awhile!

I have an appointment with my primary physician tomorrow. I haven't seen him in over a year because of the temporary move to San Antonio, which I discussed with him prior to the event. But so much has happened since then and I need to bring him up to speed on my medical changes since I saw him last. I also just mailed a release of medical information form to the hospital where I had my cardiac ablation, so they'll send the information to my new cardiologist here and will do the same for the cardiologist & cardiosurgeon either later tonight or tomorrow (the form is still open on my laptop.)

My daughter and her boyfriend were tested for the second time since covid 19 came to be, about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately they both tested negative. The day before she started feeling sick, she had gone to see my husband at work so that he could look at something to do with her car. They hugged goodbye. The next day she was feeling sick and she phoned me in the midst of a panic attack because she was worried she had covid symptoms. Scared for herself, but also terrified that she might have passed on the virus to her father and then potentially to the rest of the family through him. It is very hard to hear your child so terrified thinking that she may be the cause of one or both of her parents dying, or that she may be one of the unlucky younger people that don't survive this illness. I did my best to calm her down and let her know that no matter what happened she was not responsible and should not have any guilt. I wanted to go and see her and hug her and reassure her that we would all be fine, but of course at that point she was quarantining and it wasn't possible. Anxiety levels are definitely high these days for everyone everywhere. I am looking forward to the future when this is all resolved. I am just hoping that while we get there that no one I know or love dies from this. I feel so badly for those who have and who will lose their loved ones. The world just feels so strange.

Anxiety levels are definitely high these days for everyone everywhere.
Fear of the unknown causes high anxiety. Therefore, knowing what to do when you test positive, the more likely you will sail through the 2-week hibernation. The fact of the matter, speaking from experience, unless you are having trouble breathing and are running a high temperature, you will be sent home to isolate, hydrate, rest and treat the symptoms as you would a cold . If you have a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water for immediate relief. The bug "lives" in the throat. The number of positives is high but the likelihood of surviving is also high. Keep that thought in mind.
:nodding:

Fear of the unknown causes high anxiety. Therefore, knowing what to do when you test positive, the more likely you will sail through the 2-week hibernation. The fact of the matter, speaking from experience, unless you are having trouble breathing and are running a high temperature, you will be sent home to isolate, hydrate, rest and treat the symptoms as you would a cold . If you have a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water for immediate relief. The bug "lives" in the throat. The number of positives is high but the likelihood of surviving is also high. Keep that thought in mind.
:nodding:
Yes, we do remind ourselves that the survival rate is pretty good and most get off with mild illness. It is when young and seemingly healthy people die that I feel really confused and concerned. My daughter worries though because her and my husband have a gene defect that leaves their lungs a bit unprotected so we have no way of knowing if it puts them at more risk for a more serious outcome. We are all prepped for an extended stay at home if any of us get sick, which we expect is probably going to happen at some point.

My daughter worries though because her and my husband have a gene defect that leaves their lungs a bit unprotected so we have no way of knowing if it puts them at more risk for a more serious outcome.
I am SO sorry to hear that. Scary, indeed. I have a dear friend, age 65, in the same predicament.

I am SO sorry to hear that. Scary, indeed. I have a dear friend, age 65, in the same predicament.
Thank you! Hopefully it will be all fine and no worries. My mother in law also has the gene and she is in her early 80's and actually has accumulated damage to her lungs over the years because of it (non smoker) so we really worry about her getting sick. She is convinced if she gets it that she will not survive. I feel so badly for the people who truly feel vulnerable.
I went into Costco today to do some shopping and there were so many people. Big lineups going in and line ups to pay stretching to the back of the warehouse...carts filled full and everyone wearing masks. I had time to think while I waited in my lineups so I started thinking about a year ago today....if anyone had told me this would be how we were living life now I would not have believed it. So crazy about how much can change in such a short time.

I started thinking about a year ago today....if anyone had told me this would be how we were living life now I would not have believed it.
So funny! I was thinking something similar while having my coffee on the back deck this AM. My thought was, "I wonder if it will be like this a year from now?" :p

My thought was, "I wonder if it will be like this a year from now?" :p
I sooooo hope not! But I did read an article were Dr. Fauci (who I love to pieces!!!) said the vaccine would be ready for all by maybe April/May. So I've been curious if everyone would take it...Like the flu shot and all! I was a bit leery about it being given so early in the trials in some countries. But anyways... Dr. Fauci said he'd take it!!! o_O:oops::p

I sooooo hope not! But I did read an article were Dr. Fauci (who I love to pieces!!!) said the vaccine would be ready for all by maybe April/May. So I've been curious if everyone would take it...Like the flu shot and all! I was a bit leery about it being given so early in the trials in some countries. But anyways... Dr. Fauci said he'd take it!!! o_O:oops::p
I for one am not lining up to take a vaccine developed in record time. 😬

Back