Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is obviously why it is taking so long. You would think that there would be some labs locally that could handle it? It certainly makes me uncomfortable that we are several days behind knowing just how many people are currently affected. At least those being tested are being told to go into quarantine until they know the results of their tests. I just hope that everyone being tested is respecting that expectation.

How are you doing? Still going out shopping? I am staying home for awhile other than some veggies.
I'll go out if I need to but I'm taking it easy. I do still have to go to work and I'm noticing that more of our customers are wearing masks. We've been warned by the market organizers that they may pull the plug if they deem it necessary but at this point, we're still going ahead.

I'll go out if I need to but I'm taking it easy. I do still have to go to work and I'm noticing that more of our customers are wearing masks. We've been warned by the market organizers that they may pull the plug if they deem it necessary but at this point, we're still going ahead.
it is a bit of a roller coaster ride. I was starting to feel like the Interior was really fortunate and we might not have any true concerns when it came to the virus. I too have noticed more people wearing masks, so hopefully that continues. I think that the contact tracing is being taken seriously so anyone at risk would have been told to be in self quarantine until they know if they have the virus. Stay safe at work!!

Ben Gurion University in Israel has a doctor there that has developed a Breathalyzer test much like the one that tells if your drunk or not.....but this one can detect the Covid19 virus with a 90% accuracy rate. And you can get the results in 1 minute. Now this has been known for some time now. Wonder why our mainstream media isn't telling you about this. I called one of our local TV stations Yesterday and informed them of this and told them I would like to see something about this on the TV News. Tonight that local TV Station ran a blip about it, even showing the product being used. That local station was the only one I have seen show or say anything about this product. The National mainstream media haven't shown anything about it nor have the other local stations. How is it that an average citizen could know more about this than all the mainstream media networks? Do they really want to stop this pandemic? It sure does make me wonder. The interesting aspect about all this is if the virus is detected early, like in the first 6 days you can prescribe Hydroxychloroquine, with a Z-Pack and Zinc and it can save 50% of those that might otherwise not survive. But it's critical that the treatment needs to be started in the first six days. The problem now, the FDA won't permit the prescription of Hydroxychloroquine until a positive diagnosis has been made and with the test they are using now it can take a week to get the results back. That is too long for the meds to be of any use. That's why this breathalyzer test is so important. You would think that our medical people would want to know this if they really want to stop this virus anytime soon. I guess the only way they will know about this advancement in testing for the virus is if people like you and me get the word out and ask your news media to cover this information. Maybe just maybe you will help in saving some lives. I did my part here. I hope you will do your part too. You can vet this information by Googling Breathalyzer Test at Ben Gurion University to detect Covid19.

Here is an updated map of the current covid-19 hotspots in the US as of today. Uncolored areas are regions with no data.

Source: The New York Times, Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count (login required) --

Screenshot_2020-07-23 Coronavirus in the U S Latest Map and Case Count.png

Ben Gurion University in Israel has a doctor there that has developed a Breathalyzer test much like the one that tells if your drunk or not.....but this one can detect the Covid19 virus with a 90% accuracy rate. And you can get the results in 1 minute. Now this has been known for some time now. Wonder why our mainstream media isn't telling you about this. I called one of our local TV stations Yesterday and informed them of this and told them I would like to see something about this on the TV News. Tonight that local TV Station ran a blip about it, even showing the product being used. That local station was the only one I have seen show or say anything about this product. The National mainstream media haven't shown anything about it nor have the other local stations. How is it that an average citizen could know more about this than all the mainstream media networks? Do they really want to stop this pandemic? It sure does make me wonder. The interesting aspect about all this is if the virus is detected early, like in the first 6 days you can prescribe Hydroxychloroquine, with a Z-Pack and Zinc and it can save 50% of those that might otherwise not survive. But it's critical that the treatment needs to be started in the first six days. The problem now, the FDA won't permit the prescription of Hydroxychloroquine until a positive diagnosis has been made and with the test they are using now it can take a week to get the results back. That is too long for the meds to be of any use. That's why this breathalyzer test is so important. You would think that our medical people would want to know this if they really want to stop this virus anytime soon. I guess the only way they will know about this advancement in testing for the virus is if people like you and me get the word out and ask your news media to cover this information. Maybe just maybe you will help in saving some lives. I did my part here. I hope you will do your part too. You can vet this information by Googling Breathalyzer Test at Ben Gurion University to detect Covid19.
I just googled it. I have never heard of it. I am gonna post to one of my groups.

i wonder why this isnt out in the open? So many times i have heard drs hashing back and forth about the proper treatment etc, and never had i heard mention of this.

Hi Catscankim, I live in Port St Lucie (on the treasure coast) and I'm a registered nurse. Where in Florida are you located?
I am in port st lucie lol.

https://www.haaretz.com/science-and...-one-minute-coronavirus-breath-test-1.8845769
Haaretz.com > Science & Health

Israeli Scientist Invents One-minute Coronavirus Breath Test
Breakthrough device invented at Ben-Gurion University could reach market within months; meanwhile normal speech sprays infectious droplets that can remain in the air for up to 8 minutes, doctors warn

Now, Prof. Gabby Sarusi of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Be’er Sheva, has invented an almost instantaneous, affordable breath test for SARS-CoV-2 (Covid19) based on spectroscopy, which outputs the positive or negative result in less than 1 minute – and even as little as 20 seconds – the university announced Wednesday.

The above link will take you to the story and it's a story you probably ought to know about.

With Coronavirus, you should be careful about how you 'boost' your immune system. The deadly part of this virus is the cytokine storm that it can cause, which is basically your immune system going haywire trying to fight the virus and turning against you. Using an immune booster during this period of infection is basically throwing gasoline on a fire.

My focus has been more on immune modulators like Vitamin D3, which helps to prevent the cytokine storm, among other things. Another focus is Zinc here which helps to prevent viral replication.

The issue is, deaths lag behind infections. So infection rates are going to go up (as we are seeing), and then 2-4 weeks later, we are likely to see an increase in the death rate. This is especially going to be true in places like Florida, where ICU capacity is being maxed out.

The current administration's rhetoric on the death rate going down means nothing...and will mean nothing until the pandemic is over and we can actually see the case fatality ratio. If infections continue to increase, and mortality continues to fall...then I might be more convinced. Hopefully this can become the case, but to claim this has already happened is foolish.

Plus, it has been estimated, in a well controlled scenario (for instance S.Korea), the actual mortality rate of Covid-19 is anywhere from .2-1%...yet we are seeing an average death rate of 8% in the US...and 7% in Sweden for the people saying they did so well...and there are people who have the gall to claim (and continue to claim) we are doing so well in fighting the pandemic.

Even mortality rate aside...there are people who will have life altering complications from Covid. So they don't die, but they have irreversible scarring in their lungs, or nerve damage, or a host of other issues. Yet people still gripe about having to wear a mask...and grown adults are having temper tantrums when Costco is denying them entry for not following the rules.

I think this last part is being dangerously and purposefully ignored. I don't think enough time has lapsed to really study long term effects but the anecdotal data suggests that the residual effects for survivors can be particularly bad.

Anecdotally I can say that after having only a mild form of pneumonia my lung capacity never fully came.back. so I can see where someone who had a much more serious pulmonary situation could have long term effects.

My friend who had had a probable case of coronavirus early on before her state had enough tests says she continues to feel the effects even after she "recovered"

So yeah, I agree that it's not as black and white as the death rate.

I think there are a subset of people who are young and fairly healthy who feel like it's not a big deal if they get coronavirus because they probably aren't going to die, but they don't realize that there is likely a real risk of long term effects and I think if they knew that they might be more careful. Much of the messaging has been that you either die or you fully recover.

Technically this is probably fair because there is mostly only anecdotal information about lingering residual effects, but I think some of these kids are heading to packed pool parties and bars without understanding that the risk isn't just death or a few days of being sick. The risk could also be these lingering, residual effects.

Last edited:
Ben Gurion University in Israel has a doctor there that has developed a Breathalyzer test much like the one that tells if your drunk or not..... You can vet this information by Googling Breathalyzer Test at Ben Gurion University to detect Covid19.
I did see this reported a while back, but it seems that it's not just the mainstream media that's hiding it.....you'd think that Ben-Gurion University would want to make this information known! Do we know why they're not publicizing their own research? I wonder if perhaps the subsequent trials were not as successful. After all, the initial sample was only 120 people--and neither peer-reviewed nor published, I don't think--so perhaps the ongoing results didn't hold up.

I did see this reported a while back, but it seems that it's not just the mainstream media that's hiding it.....you'd think that Ben-Gurion University would want to make this information known! Do we know why they're not publicizing their own research? I wonder if perhaps the subsequent trials were not as successful. After all, the initial sample was only 120 people--and neither peer-reviewed nor published, I don't think--so perhaps the ongoing results didn't hold up.
They say it's economical...but the other sources I've read about similar tech (in France) they mention that it's too costly for widespread use.

They say it's economical...but the other sources I've read about similar tech (in France) they mention that it's too costly for widespread use.
Actually, it looks like it's not a conspiracy keeping it down...it's capitalism!!

However, investment and development are likely to be significantly slowed by a legal battle regarding the IP of the invention now being waged between BGU’s tech-transfer company and The Ram Group conglomerate.

10 ways Israeli scientists are improving corona testing

Tickets have been purchased. Necessary documentation has been sent to my mom. Now we just need to keep her virus-free until she gets here in just under 2 weeks. The county she lives in has been reporting 100 or so new cases a day for the past few days. She asked if we wanted her to bring anything over. I told her to stay out of the stores! There is nothing I want her to buy if it means possible exposure and a cancelled trip.

There have been lots of recent studies that debunk the hydroxychloroquin/z-pack/zinc treatment. If it really worked, all doctors would be prescribing it and it wouldn't be a controversial treatment (unless you susbcribe to conspiracy theories). I don't understand how an antibiotic is supposed to help a viral infection - I've always been told that antibiotics have no effect on corona viruses.

There have been lots of recent studies that debunk the hydroxychloroquin/z-pack/zinc treatment. If it really worked, all doctors would be prescribing it and it wouldn't be a controversial treatment (unless you susbcribe to conspiracy theories). I don't understand how an antibiotic is supposed to help a viral infection - I've always been told that antibiotics have no effect on corona viruses.
I sort of understand the HCQ, because it is immunosupressive, how (if it didn't have deadly side effects) they thought it might be beneficial for dampening the cytokine storm. Obviously there has been evidence to contraindicate the use now...but it does make theoretical sense (if you had no evidence based data).

That being said, I am 100% sick of the conspiracy theories and the constant touting of this "miracle cure".

Tickets have been purchased. Necessary documentation has been sent to my mom. Now we just need to keep her virus-free until she gets here in just under 2 weeks. The county she lives in has been reporting 100 or so new cases a day for the past few days. She asked if we wanted her to bring anything over. I told her to stay out of the stores! There is nothing I want her to buy if it means possible exposure and a cancelled trip.
Oh that's so great, hope all goes well!
My parents are in Europe and I have been really worried that if anything happens I can't go home to help (and they can't visit here either).

Latest posts

Back