Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been a massage therapist for 30 years. We were scheduled to open back up mid august, but it just got moved to now. So sad that the thought of the work I have loved for so long now gives me so much anxiety that it’s making me sick. I’m going to wait as long as I can, and I don’t have any other choice really. I’m so scared and I can’t post on any other social media because I have clients that would read it. Sky rocketing numbers and stories like the ones I‘m reading here and elsewhere are not reassuring. Thanks for this thread! ❤️

Last night at work i found out...

-our covid floor is full
-they stopped rapid testing patients as of 1:30 pm yesterday afternoon. I dont know why. Yes its highly inaccurate, but it at least gives you a heads up on some patients.
-we are holding some covid patients (generally healthy) outside of the er on a bench
-unconfirmed patients are being sent to the floors (private room)

I havent received a new n95 mask since march

They are requiring us to wear goggles (new rule as of 1:30pm yesterday). YES PLEASE! They are not giving us goggles. Some nurses are sharing. Wheres my fricken goggles?? I cant even get a new mask.

I feel like we live in a 3rd world country.
This material can be used as a filter equivalent to N95, for anyone making masks. It can be sterilized in the oven, or autoclave. It’s called Halyard H600. Hospitals are using it for reusable masks. My friend made me some to go into my cloth masks. I don’t wear the filter when I’m walking the dog, but I do when I go to peopley places.

Attachments

• 630E6B09-9D39-4BB9-9ABE-9BC5D84E091C.jpeg
    630E6B09-9D39-4BB9-9ABE-9BC5D84E091C.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 13
And head stuff is probably not covid. its all chest stuff. If that makes you feel better

I'd say about once every other week, I'm convinced I have COVID 19 because my throat is a little raw, I sneeze and I keep having to cough and clear my throat.

But then I realize that it's super windy up here and it's spring/summer allergy season and that's probably it. It's just so disconcerting because I'm in a high risk group so I'm really afraid.

Thankfully, I don't have to be out and about too often. I'm sorry for those of you who don't want to be out, but are forced to be.

I am a ct tech, so i only know what I see. maybe one of our nurses here can chime in. If you got tested already, wait for the test. If you feel really sick, you should go to the er or at least call your doctor.

But please, do not just show up to the ER unannounced. Call first and let them know you are coming in with symptoms

I am a ct tech, so i only know what I see. maybe one of our nurses here can chime in. If you got tested already, wait for the test. If you feel really sick, you should go to the er or at least call your doctor.

But please, do not just show up to the ER unannounced. Call first and let them know you are coming in with symptoms
It’s ok - we have designated Covid 19 testing stations in every town. But the chance of me having it is unlikely. We have not had any community transmissions for almost a month.

Before anyone goes anywhere when they think they may have Co-vid 19, they need to call first. Even to go to the drive through testing stations, they ask that you make a reservation first. No one wants to unexpectedly have someone who may be contagious. Even though the doctor's office and the radiology clinic were doing full mask, goggles, gloves, cleaning precautions, I had to do a questionnaire screening.

@Susie I am thinking of you and hoping you have a mild pneumonia that clears soon. Take really good care of yourself, drink plenty of liquids, rest, eat well, and be positive. Lots of folks are pulling for you.

The 3 months of self imposed isolation is really starting to wear my mother down. BCV (before covid-19) she had a strong social network, was volunteering and going to church every Sunday. Now she stays at home and has no one to interact with, except for my aunt (her sister) and uncle, who live next door. My mom spends most of her time on Facebook and I've been trying to come up with alternative ways for her to spend her time.

We video chat at least once a week and yesterday she broke down and started to cry because Facebook is her only social outlet. After a few questions I found out what kind of books she likes to read and have ordered a book for her and will keep ordering books for her monthly for the foreseeable future. The libraries are still closed in the town she lives in.

Any suggestions on ways to make isolation more bearable? I've suggested numerous hobbies but she's not interested in them.

This material can be used as a filter equivalent to N95, for anyone making masks. It can be sterilized in the oven, or autoclave. It’s called Halyard H600. Hospitals are using it for reusable masks. My friend made me some to go into my cloth masks. I don’t wear the filter when I’m walking the dog, but I do when I go to peopley places.
I would like to know how to buy this fabric. I can sew masks

The 3 months of self imposed isolation is really starting to wear my mother down. BCV (before covid-19) she had a strong social network, was volunteering and going to church every Sunday. Now she stays at home and has no one to interact with, except for my aunt (her sister) and uncle, who live next door. My mom spends most of her time on Facebook and I've been trying to come up with alternative ways for her to spend her time.

We video chat at least once a week and yesterday she broke down and started to cry because Facebook is her only social outlet. After a few questions I found out what kind of books she likes to read and have ordered a book for her and will keep ordering books for her monthly for the foreseeable future. The libraries are still closed in the town she lives in.

Any suggestions on ways to make isolation more bearable? I've suggested numerous hobbies but she's not interested in them.
It's difficult for the social butterflies - my mum went a bit stir crazy, but luckily we only had a 4 week lockdown. The only other thing to suggest is online gaming - of the more mature kind - scrabble etc?

Latest posts

Back