Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queensland, a northern state in Australia, relaxed the lockdown rules and this is what happened the first day at one park.
Give some people an inch and they will take a mile. :mad: New restrictions now in place.
View attachment 45767
That's to be expected when people are told they have to stay home for weeks with no contact with other people in many cases AND they believe the threat is over.

We are still under a stay at home order. I've been working though. I work for the ER. I've tried to get an online order placed with our Walmart with no luck at all. Fortunately, Kroger has been okay but it's usually a week out which isn't a problem for me. Our governor is starting to loosen up the restrictions just a bit. Allowing construction, realtors to open later this week. Last week she finally made it possible to buy other items at the store other than essentials. You couldn't buy paint, potting soil, seeds etc. Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex and meat/chicken, flour are difficult to come by still. Parks have been opened but are being watched carefully. Also started allowing boats with motors and golf courses to open but no golf carts.

Our numbers are dropping and our hospital is doing much better but still seeing quite a lot of COVID patients.

Virginia is on stay-at-home order till June 10th, one of the latest. I'll have moved cross-country by then, and will not be able to see the Shenandoah park again, or go to my favorite places in town, at least this time...

@atiz This state is an especially beautiful one (IMHO), but when it comes to amazing wide open spaces, that's true for much of the US. If you ever want to come back to visit and don't have a place to stay, let me know. The guest apartment is also the soap lab. You will feel right at home :)
Thank you Mobjack Bay :) It really is a beautiful state, so far my favorite (but have only lived in 3). I will much miss the mountains and the sunshine!

Queensland, a northern state in Australia, relaxed the lockdown rules and this is what happened the first day at one park.
Give some people an inch and they will take a mile. :mad: New restrictions now in place.
Wonder why it is so hard for people to understand the importance of social distancing and wearing masks? This virus is so contagious and as @Noreen Moore pointed out, no one has immunity. I guess it is a situation of many will not understand the danger until they or someone close to them get sick. That is sad and selfish, since one can be a silent carrier. Humans! We are our own worse enemies sometimes.

Hubby and I buy our TP at Costco. We had just bought a pack not long before all of this started, and with it being just the two of us, it's been fine. We didn't need it, so I didn't buy more. Then the real craziness began, and I haven't seen it anywhere since. Finally, it is back in stock - not a lot and with limits on daily purchases - but it is there. I feel like a millionaire!

Wonder why it is so hard for people to understand the importance of social distancing and wearing masks? This virus is so contagious and as @Noreen Moore pointed out, no one has immunity. I guess it is a situation of many will not understand the danger until they or someone close to them get sick. That is sad and selfish, since one can be a silent carrier. Humans! We are our own worse enemies sometimes.

I don’t get it either. No one has to tell me to wear a mask. I’ll be wearing one long after restrictions have been lifted but here in NJ it’s going to be awhile.

We are still under a stay at home order. I've been working though. I work for the ER. I've tried to get an online order placed with our Walmart with no luck at all. Fortunately, Kroger has been okay but it's usually a week out which isn't a problem for me. Our governor is starting to loosen up the restrictions just a bit. Allowing construction, realtors to open later this week. Last week she finally made it possible to buy other items at the store other than essentials. You couldn't buy paint, potting soil, seeds etc. Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex and meat/chicken, flour are difficult to come by still. Parks have been opened but are being watched carefully. Also started allowing boats with motors and golf courses to open but no golf carts.

Our numbers are dropping and our hospital is doing much better but still seeing quite a lot of COVID patients.

In NJ golf courses have opened again too. You can take a cart, but it’s one per person.

Sad to say one of my co-workers hubby has been on a ventilator for 3 weeks now. Poor guy has severe underlying asthma and is a medical professional as well.
PPE has ramped UP now in the hospitals. Neck is killing me. Face shields, masks, and the heavy Littman stethoscope and communication device all dangling off head and neck. Face shields mandatory in front of ANY patient. We all look like Star Wars Storm Troopers! Nobody is recognizable. Nobody. Now with non Covid's I keep the shield on when I pull down face mask to give my patient a heart warming smile! I really believe it reduces fear. How scary to be so vulnerable in a strange environment with all these masked Storm Troopers around you!
One "new" thing is "re-use your gown" which I abhor and fear!!! AND FINALLY yes FINALLY those who work the dedicated Covid floor are NOW provided with hospital scrubs!!! FINALLY!!!!! Thank you to my union. As nurses were being written up for using them. They were for doctors only!!!!
N95 is another story. We have now a lot of N95 masks. However all are different styles and everyone has to be re-fit. I failed on this years new mask. However with subsequent varieties I passed on a different style. Whew...
Never in my life... Speechless... And I hope never again!!! The fear in the eyes of one of my most beloved infectious disease doctors spoke volumes.
And what I find so sad is that my dear step son who passed from liver disease on March 30th, his cremains sit on a shelf in the cremation center. No one can retrieve them yet.
No funeral yet. When? Certainly isn't helping his fathers grief process by any means. Nor mine... Haven't gone this long without making a batch of soap...
Today... Yup... Thinking a PVC pipe soap...
Hugs to y'all out there! Hang in there!!! Yes we are all a bit sick of the "we're in this together" mantra... But we are all in this together! And yes we will prevail!

I can't even describe my disgust at going to a grocery store for the first time in 2 months. People without masks, no one following the one way cart rules, no one moving to let you by. Hubby had been going to the 6am senior shopping but I am not 60 yet and with him out of commission from back surgery I had to be the one to go. Not again!! So many cars on the road again and people going into stores just to get out. They are crazy.

We ordered half a cow from a local farm. I just ordered more flour from the mill I found in Texas, my starter is off an running and I have plenty of toilet paper.

I also got a pick-up slot at Walmart for aloe juice and socks.........I know but I needed socks and you have to buy $30.00

Sad to say one of my co-workers hubby has been on a ventilator for 3 weeks now. Poor guy has severe underlying asthma and is a medical professional as well.
PPE has ramped UP now in the hospitals. Neck is killing me. Face shields, masks, and the heavy Littman stethoscope and communication device all dangling off head and neck. Face shields mandatory in front of ANY patient. We all look like Star Wars Storm Troopers! Nobody is recognizable. Nobody. Now with non Covid's I keep the shield on when I pull down face mask to give my patient a heart warming smile! I really believe it reduces fear. How scary to be so vulnerable in a strange environment with all these masked Storm Troopers around you!
One "new" thing is "re-use your gown" which I abhor and fear!!! AND FINALLY yes FINALLY those who work the dedicated Covid floor are NOW provided with hospital scrubs!!! FINALLY!!!!! Thank you to my union. As nurses were being written up for using them. They were for doctors only!!!!
N95 is another story. We have now a lot of N95 masks. However all are different styles and everyone has to be re-fit. I failed on this years new mask. However with subsequent varieties I passed on a different style. Whew...
Never in my life... Speechless... And I hope never again!!! The fear in the eyes of one of my most beloved infectious disease doctors spoke volumes.
And what I find so sad is that my dear step son who passed from liver disease on March 30th, his cremains sit on a shelf in the cremation center. No one can retrieve them yet.
No funeral yet. When? Certainly isn't helping his fathers grief process by any means. Nor mine... Haven't gone this long without making a batch of soap...
Today... Yup... Thinking a PVC pipe soap...
Hugs to y'all out there! Hang in there!!! Yes we are all a bit sick of the "we're in this together" mantra... But we are all in this together! And yes we will prevail!
I believe that Red-Green of the PBS Red Green TV SHOW should be given the credit for the quote" We're all in this together" I have heard him use it for several years now when he is dispensing his sage advice to us older guys. I know that most everyone seems to believe we should all live in a panic. But I choose to live in PEACE. I understand this is a serious situation and we all need to take precautions. But like combat, the danger comes with the territory. We are just supposed to do all the things that help us to avoid becoming infected and leave the rest up to Jesus. If he decides to take us out there isn't anything we can do to stop it but if he decides to leave us here then nothing will take us out. Once a person realizes that and does all the safety things required then you can live in PEACE knowing that a higher Power makes the final decision. That's how I make it day by day and I am in that age group and with an underlying condition, Asthma that by all others reasoning I should be worried. But I am not and I refuse to worry. It's not up to this virus to decide if I remain here or I go it is up to GOD and I know it. God bless you for what your doing on the front lines. You have my utmost respect and my deepest sympathy for your loss. May God spread his Protection over you and your coworkers as you engage the enemy. Thank you for your service.

I've been keeping an eye on the numbers here in our local health authority. Interior Health (one of our local BC health authorities covering 216,000 square kilometres, almost 84,000 square miles) has had two new cases so far this week; there are 0 cases in ICU and have been none for the past week or more. We're taking this pandemic very seriously but when you see numbers like that, people are going to say "see, it wasn't all that bad" and they will be out and about in higher numbers. Thankfully, our local medical officials have done everything possible to keep the numbers low.

I know these times are difficult and very strange.

I'm so sad, this week I got news that my grandfather has corona.
Today I got the news that he is in a very bad condition.
I don't know what is going to happen.

I believe that Red-Green of the PBS Red Green TV SHOW should be given the credit for the quote" We're all in this together" I have heard him use it for several years now when he is dispensing his sage advice to us older guys. I know that most everyone seems to believe we should all live in a panic. But I choose to live in PEACE. I understand this is a serious situation and we all need to take precautions. But like combat, the danger comes with the territory. We are just supposed to do all the things that help us to avoid becoming infected and leave the rest up to Jesus. If he decides to take us out there isn't anything we can do to stop it but if he decides to leave us here then nothing will take us out. Once a person realizes that and does all the safety things required then you can live in PEACE knowing that a higher Power makes the final decision. That's how I make it day by day and I am in that age group and with an underlying condition, Asthma that by all others reasoning I should be worried. But I am not and I refuse to worry. It's not up to this virus to decide if I remain here or I go it is up to GOD and I know it. God bless you for what your doing on the front lines. You have my utmost respect and my deepest sympathy for your loss. May God spread his Protection over you and your coworkers as you engage the enemy. Thank you for your service.
I also refuse to live frightened. If it is my time then guess what, I am not going to be able to stop it. Frankly, if I have to live the rest of my life wearing a mask I am not sure I want that either and will move to some little tiny town where they cannot find me. I am so done with this mess.

Wonder if they will start counting the number of suicides and violence that happens due to the economic crash they have created instead of this running its course. It may prove to be. worse. The economy will be years getting back to normal and everyone getting back to work. This is going to be devastating for many young families.

I may be old and cynical but death is a part of life and we all could have made our own decisions to stay in when this hit here. But no, we are treated like children and told by local authorities we cannot work, we cannot go to beaches because we do no mind. What does this sound like? .... We could have been given the guidelines of what to do and let us all decide how to live. I am sure I am stepping on toes but this is craziness control. I also, at my age, find it very frightening hospitals get paid if a patient passes away from this virus. I am by no means belittling you folks working out there in the medical field, I have family and friends working in the field. If I was still working and it was my profession I would work and do my job as expected, the same as every policeman and fireman, etc that puts their job on the line daily. We simply cannot control life as much as we may like to.

Okay, my Rant is now over and if this gets taken down I understand.

@raymondlgraham -- Really? You haven't heard one word about this matter? Then you haven't done ANY due diligence.

Since you can't be bothered to research your topic before you spout off your provocative ideas, I can only conclude your post is intended as a troll.

View attachment 45767
yup, that is going to happen all over and this darn C19 will start right back from the beginning if not worse

In 2018-2019 the CDC reported that there were 34,200 deaths from the influenza. This year, 2020, we haven't heard a word about deaths from influenza, only deaths from Covid 19 virus. Hospitals are getting paid for every Covid 19 virus case they diagnose. They get additional money for everyone they put on a Ventilator. Could that have anything to do with why we aren't hearing about the influenza deaths this year? Just asking.
Please stop watching Fox news and their Fear Mongering and Know your Facts. I know what you are talking about but you are not listing the FACTS here. Please stop.

@Noreen Moore Please STOP taking off your mask so patients can see you. You are endangering not only them, but your Coworkers, yourself and everyone that you come in contact with. You know this, please get a Pic of yourself and pin it to your outter wear so they can see you that way.

I left the medical world last Jan and started again for C19. Everyone Please be careful in what you are doing and how you are touching everything. If you go to the grocery, only touch what you are going to take. Don't squeeze the peaches (lol). Wipe everything off before you bring it in your house and line the inside of your car with something before you put bags in there. Just Think before you do something it really is simple to do, think about how things spread.

In 2018-2019 the CDC reported that there were 34,200 deaths from the influenza. This year, 2020, we haven't heard a word about deaths from influenza, only deaths from Covid 19 virus. Hospitals are getting paid for every Covid 19 virus case they diagnose. They get additional money for everyone they put on a Ventilator. Could that have anything to do with why we aren't hearing about the influenza deaths this year? Just asking.
Do you really think that healthcare professionals would put someone on a ventilator that didn't need it? And just this week I saw a comparison of influenza deaths vs. Covid-19 deaths. Covid is winning, hands down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back