Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now up to day with the mayor and the governor's power spat. I was wondering when that was going to happen.🍿

In other news, I'm about to watch Royalty Soaps, Nail Career Education, and maybe Chocolate Cacao's new video. Of the three, Nail Career Education is the worst- I always wanna play with the acrylic or the polygel after watching those videos. #CoronaLife

I'm now up to day with the mayor and the governor's power spat. I was wondering when that was going to happen.🍿

In other news, I'm about to watch Royalty Soaps, Nail Career Education, and maybe Chocolate Cacao's new video. Of the three, Nail Career Education is the worst- I always wanna play with the acrylic or the polygel after watching those videos. #CoronaLife

Ive watched a few Nail Career Education videos, mostly when she's using Halo Taco. Funny thing is, I havent done my nails in years but I just like Cristine's (Simply Nailogical) attitude.

It is amazing what we knew back in February compared to now. Social distancing isn't much different than my normal. Although I swear I spend more time flipping around Netflix and what not for something to watch and get more excited than I care to admit when I get a notification that one of the channels I follow has a new video uploaded lol.

I have been working exclusively with COVID+ patients for the last 4 weeks. Some of my patients look and feel alright (like not toxic or super ill) and knew they were sick for a week or so with headaches and bodyaches and only now come to the hospital because of shortness of breath. However, their xrays look horrendous. Sooo much inflammation in the lungs. And the oxygen in their blood dropped Which requires supplemental oxygen. However their blood work shows ALOT of inflammation in the body. And people like this can easy tip over the edge and turn very sick very quickly— because their body has already been fighting for a week and getting overwhelmed by the virus. I have seen people in their 30s getting intubated who where otherwise healthy individuals with no past medical history of diabetes, hypertension, renal disease, obesity etc. So my advice is if you know someone who has been having bodyaches/headaches and just developed shortness of breath then go straight to the hospital!! This is no joke. I had a young gentlemen with a heart attack due to the massive amount of inflammation in his body. Typically heart attacks is from coronary artery disease, meaning clogged with fat slowly overtime due to poor diet. But for the arteries In the heart to be clogged by a clot from the massive inflammatory response of a virus shows you the devastation this virus causes in the body. So please go to the hospital if you have already been fighting it and it hasn’t resolved after a week.

I got news last Saturday that my 80 yo uncle caught Corona when he was in the hospital with kidney stones. He was on oxygen and doing okay. He is supposed to come home today for a 14 day quarantine. I am so thankful he didn't get worse. We are dropping off a care package this week since no one can leave the house.

I got news last Saturday that my 80 yo uncle caught Corona when he was in the hospital with kidney stones. He was on oxygen and doing okay. He is supposed to come home today for a 14 day quarantine. I am so thankful he didn't get worse. We are dropping off a care package this week since no one can leave the house.

This is the really scary part. People aren’t going to the hospital for help with other conditions because of fear of catching the virus there. The risk is real. I’ve heard that people are dying of heart attacks because they delayed going to the hospital. My ex husband is fighting a very aggressive form of thyroid cancer and his doctors aren’t performing needed testing because they don’t want him going near a hospital.

Clarifications! Rhino and Corona viruses all cause common colds. However the reason this Corona virus is so virulent is the fact no humans have been subjected to this strain. No one on this earth has immunity. It recently jumped from an animal to another animal to humans. And I forgot how many strains now has been identified in this particular Corona. And the scary part? Like influenza viruses, and the HIV viruses they all mutate!
So yes this is in the "cold" virus family yet it is very much a SARS illness as well.
I understand the financial loss, however being on the front lines? I am in NO hurry to re-open business as usual. And I do feel compassion for those who are financially insecure.
I have been taking between 1-3 cancelation shifts a pay period. 1. Because I am scared of this! 2. There are young nurses with small children and student loans who need the money more than myself. And if I can forfeit pay so another nurse can work to feed her family I will stay home.
Then I see the TV ads calling healthcare workers heroes? I don't feel like a hero! I am so scared I feel like a zero!!!!

Clarifications! Rhino and Corona viruses all cause common colds. However the reason this Corona virus is so virulent is the fact no humans have been subjected to this strain. No one on this earth has immunity. It recently jumped from an animal to another animal to humans. And I forgot how many strains now has been identified in this particular Corona. And the scary part? Like influenza viruses, and the HIV viruses they all mutate!
So yes this is in the "cold" virus family yet it is very much a SARS illness as well.
I understand the financial loss, however being on the front lines? I am in NO hurry to re-open business as usual. And I do feel compassion for those who are financially insecure.
I have been taking between 1-3 cancelation shifts a pay period. 1. Because I am scared of this! 2. There are young nurses with small children and student loans who need the money more than myself. And if I can forfeit pay so another nurse can work to feed her family I will stay home.
Then I see the TV ads calling healthcare workers heroes? I don't feel like a hero! I am so scared I feel like a zero!!!!

I think the front line nurses and doctors are amazing. A huge thank you from me and my family and all of my friends. Can't comprehend any negativity towards them at all. What would we do without you?

D8555C01-DA58-4A53-92BF-94E96839F386.jpeg
Melbourne, Australia, street art.

We have to wait on line to get into some supermarkets. Some of the stores are doing sales and some are not. Food and stuff is expensive, as usual. Side note, I saw an open Hagen Daaz. I wanted to go in so bad.
If I had a mask, I would have gone in and bought some ice cream for sure! We have been ordering groceries online and having them put in our car at Walmart. We have been very pleased with their selection of fresh produce (yes, they have organic too). I love that you can choose which items can be substituted and which cannot. Working wonderfully well for us!

Not sure how many of you are still on shelter in place orders but in NY we have two weeks, at least, to go. In the middle of all of this my husband has to have back surgery tomorrow morning. I can't be at the hospital and he will be there overnight.

To say I am scared would be a huge understatement. He doesn't have a choice. He has a bulging disc that is affecting his ability to walk. My uncle caught Corona in the hospital and I am terrified my husband will too. I know they will be as safe as they can, but all it takes is one aide, phlebotomist, or nurse who is asymptomatic to spread it to him.

If I had a mask, I would have gone in and bought some ice cream for sure! We have been ordering groceries online and having them put in our car at Walmart. We have been very pleased with their selection of fresh produce (yes, they have organic too). I love that you can choose which items can be substituted and which cannot. Working wonderfully well for us!

I am not a fan of Walmart but their grocery service has been a godsend.

For years, nearly decades, Walmart invested heavily in inventory analytics and efficient supply chain and boy does it ever show, because that drive up service is nearly flawless.

I've never had to schedule a pick up day/time that was more than five days out. And out of two orders, that were each over $150, they substituted one item and were out of two.

And in each instance it wasn't a big deal....like instead of french toast crunch I got an extra box of cinnamon toast crunch and they only had one box of triple berry Newton's and not two.

They have had every other item in stock, the employees put everything in your car. The check in process is easy peasy, and they are always on time. And the employees refuse tips, I know because I have tried both times because I'm just so thankful for the service.

Versus Safeway, which had $30 of the $120 worth of product I ordered and had me waiting like an hour and a half for it. And I had to wait over a week to set up a time for pick up.

Anyways, I cannot recommend the Wal Mart pick up grocery service enough.

The first time I used it I even got an extra pineapple!

No offense to those in healthcare, but anyone providing an essential service outside of their home during this time should be elevated. My husband and I have five children with three spouses/SOs. Technically, they are all "essential" employees, but three can can work from home with one having to go to the office at least one day a week...the others are leaving their home six days a week. Of those five, three are reasonably safe in that they each have their own work areas that exceed mandatory physical distancing guidelines. The other two...not quite as safe. DIL is a nurse, youngest daughter works security for a large distribution center. And it was she who just returned to work yesterday after being out for five weeks when she came down with CV-19...she got it from a co-worker who came to work sick.

I think the closest Walmart to me is on Long Island but the time it takes to drive there (if I had my car and was able to drive), it would be better to drive to NJ being that even going over the Goethals Bridge, I deal with less traffic. That said, if Walmart is helpful for you, that's great to hear.

Queensland, a northern state in Australia, relaxed the lockdown rules and this is what happened the first day at one park.
Give some people an inch and they will take a mile. :mad: New restrictions now in place.
QLD.PNG

Latest posts

Back