Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good thing you do when you make soap. Here is an article I borrowed from The New York Times. We all need this information right about now.
Why Soap Works
Washing with soap and water is one of the key public health practices that can significantly slow the rate of a pandemic and limit the number of infections, preventing a disastrous overburdening of hospitals and clinics. But the technique works only if everyone washes their hands frequently and thoroughly: Work up a good lather, scrub your palms and the back of your hands, interlace your fingers, rub your fingertips against your palms, and twist a soapy fist around your thumbs.

Or as the Canadian health officer Bonnie Henry said recently, “Wash your hands like you’ve been chopping jalapeños and you need to change your contacts.” Even people who are relatively young and healthy should regularly wash their hands, especially during a pandemic, because they can spread the disease to those who are more vulnerable.

Soap is more than a personal protectant; when used properly, it becomes part of a communal safety net. At the molecular level, soap works by breaking things apart, but at the level of society, it helps hold everything together. Remember this the next time you have the impulse to bypass the sink: Other people’s lives are in your hands.

All of our major chains here will do that, or you can arrange for pick up (they bring it to your vehicle). Unfortunately, they've been overwhelmed; I've even heard one person on the radio who said it would take nearly a month to receive their order as they're that backed up.

I did this and not only did it take nearly a month to get a pick up time, the store had only $30 of my $200 order. They also were over an hour late with the delivery. I'm not mad because we're all doing our best, but that's been my experience with the drive up option at our grocery store.

Can't even get a date for delivery here. My daughter managed to get one but only got half of what she ordered. I've had better luck going to small independent markets for things. Fortunately I don't need TP, Kleenex or Paper towels. I always have a stash of those.

If you really want to fight this Corona Virus then pass the following links along to everyone that has a position of authority and can check this out and get it implemented. It could save 1000's of lives and you would have helped. And NO, I am not connected with this product in anyway nor will I profit in anyway from its use or sale. Like You, I just want to help stop this Pandemic as fast as we can. And this could go a long way in helping to do that.

https://bgr.com/2020/03/26/coronavi...spital-kills-coronavirus-on-surfaces-70-days/

https://www.nanovaporbiotech.com/

Day I don't even know. 2 bottles of wine and we're out of the house. Date night, I think. IMG_20200407_201227.jpg

In these times, we all need a little encouragement and HOPE.... it's with that thought in mind that I offer this little song to you today. I HOPE it lifts you up and make your day better.

If you really want to fight this Corona Virus then pass the following links along to everyone that has a position of authority.../

Do your homework first before you issue challenges like this. If you really think this product is truly effective, then please provide reputable sources of information about it.

One source you gave is the company's website, which I suppose is acceptable assuming this is a legitimate product. But the other link is a scammy marketing website that is thinly disguised as a news source. A quick google search shows every one of the other websites that are carrying this article are also sketchy, scammy "news sources" as well.

I didn't find one reputable news source reporting about this supposed technology. And I find it telling that nowhere is the New Jersey hospital actually mentioned by name.

If you think something seems to be promising and useful, then do your research first, and share only if the info seems legitimate. Don't be a source of scammy clickbait like this. Don't be leading people on with unproven "miracle treatments" such as this "news article".

Do your homework first before you issue challenges like this. If you really think this product is truly effective, then please provide reputable sources of information about it.

One source you gave is the company's website, which I suppose is acceptable assuming this is a legitimate product. But the other link is a scammy marketing website that is thinly disguised as a news source. A quick google search shows every one of the other websites that are carrying this article are also sketchy, scammy "news sources" as well.

I didn't find one reputable news source reporting about this supposed technology. And I find it telling that nowhere is the New Jersey hospital actually mentioned by name.

If you think something seems to be promising and useful, then do your research first, and share only if the info seems legitimate. Don't be a source of scammy clickbait like this. Don't be leading people on with unproven "miracle treatments" such as this "news article".

Thank you, DeeAnna! I was trying to think of a tactful way of saying exactly that. You handled it beautifully. This is NOT a reputable product. Had it been, there would be published articles delineating the process of testing as well as all sites that participated in the trials.

Well my PPE has arrived so I am ready to face the jungle out there. It's GRRRREAT!

I was looking for a good Halloween mask but couldn't find one.

I'm still trying to find some pantyhose the will go over my head so I can go out.
It's a mask, right?

All joking aside, WASH YOUR HANDS. Don't sneeze, cough or just spray on anyone. Don't kiss anyone that you don't know ( good advice all the time).
This is a Corona virus. It spreads just like the flu because it is a type of the flu.
Practice safe and polite social living and we will have this disease beat in just a couple weeks.

I'm still trying to find some pantyhose the will go over my head so I can go out.
It's a mask, right?

All joking aside, WASH YOUR HANDS. Don't sneeze, cough or just spray on anyone. Don't kiss anyone that you don't know ( good advice all the time).
This is a Corona virus. It spreads just like the flu because it is a type of the flu.
Practice safe and polite social living and we will have this disease beat in just a couple weeks.
I thought it was a type of cold? Usually, the flu is caused by influenza, right?

@Steve85569 it may spread like the flu, but it is not a flu. It is an entirely different virus. It is far more dangerous because our most vulnerable groups of people routinely get flu vaccines. There is, so far, no vaccine against this virus. And, unlike the cold (rhinovirus) viruses, most of the population has no antibodies due to having been exposed before. I am not trying to call you out on this, really I am not. I appreciate your attempt to calm people here, but comparing this to the flu won't help them. It may have someone believe that just because they got a flu vaccine last year, that they are safe. They aren't.

I thought it was a type of cold? Usually, the flu is caused by influenza, right?

It isn't a cold virus, either. It is different. It is most related to the SARS virus that was in Asia in 2002.

SARS stands for Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome. And that is why this is a type of SARS virus. It causes much the same group of symptoms (AKA syndrome).

It isn't a cold virus, either. It is different. It is most related to the SARS virus that was in Asia in 2002.

SARS stands for Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome. And that is why this is a type of SARS virus. It causes much the same group of symptoms (AKA syndrome).
Makes sense to me. Either way, I rather have the flu.

I don't know if anyone has access to a Restaurant Depot but I was there yesterday and they had toilet paper and nitrile gloves. I carry gloves, a mask, and Clorox wipes everywhere.

Unfortunately, I am deemed essential so I still have to walk into a building that houses other people every day. For some reason today everyone wanted to be chatty Kathy and I had to pull up my buff every 5 minutes. Even 6 feet is not enough for me these days. I wear the buff everyday and put it on if I see another person.

It's a mask, right?

I got my mask on Amazon, I was looking for full face ski masks and the animal masks popped up. I felt I had to get one immediately.

Latest posts

Back