Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 4 yr old niece contracted covid from a family friend that decided to come and visit my sister's kids when my sister was out of town. The friend and her husband hadn't been practicing social distancing and ended up coming down with Covid-19. She was infected when she was visiting my niece and nephew but didn't know she was sick. Thankfully my nephew didn't get sick and my niece was only hit with mild symptoms of a fever but didn't get any respiratory issues. Her pediatrician has advised my sister to keep an eye on her for any secondary health issues just in case she ends up developing any other complications.

My 4 yr old niece contracted covid from a family friend that decided to come and visit my sister's kids when my sister was out of town. The friend and her husband hadn't been practicing social distancing and ended up coming down with Covid-19. She was infected when she was visiting my niece and nephew but didn't know she was sick. Thankfully my nephew didn't get sick and my niece was only hit with mild symptoms of a fever but didn't get any respiratory issues. Her pediatrician has advised my sister to keep an eye on her for any secondary health issues just in case she ends up developing any other complications.
I'm glad your niece and nephew ended up being okay, but seriously - some people!

Over the past month, there has been an increase of cases in Denmark. The country had implemented social distancing rules on public transportation after the lockdown was over but has since rolled those back. We heard from a friend, starting next Saturday masks will be mandatory on all public transportation for anyone over the age of 11. One of my husband's coworkers was nice enough to give us cloth facemasks a few weeks ago but we are going to try to find some that fit our personalities better online.

My sister works as a pharmacist at the hospital, and she became very ill over the weekend and has been admitted into the hospital on Monday. She is in a tremendous amount of body pain, fever and she can't breathe. She's been on oxygen since Monday.
We dropped her off on Monday and we have not heard anything from the hospital in 3 days. Its really tough not being able to visit family in the hospital, and then still also not receiving feedback from the hospital about their condition either.

Just from a few WhatsApp msgs from my sister, It sounds like she is having a very rough day today,
All we can do is pray for her and wait.

Just an Update on my Sister. She passed away from Covid19 last night. She fought for oxygen for the last 4-5 days. Her Oxygen was between 40%-70% up until last night. The hospital let my oldest sister into the ward to see her(all PPE precautions observed). and they were changing machines from a CPAP machine to a high-pressure one, so for a few seconds, she was breathing on her own. All she could muster breathing on her own was 17% oxygen.

We are all heartbroken. and frankly, I'm feeling angry at the Aholes who get COVID and still think, just because they feel fine, they can go to town and go shopping and refuse to wear masks and not take precautions. My sister caught this from a guy who got COVID and came to work anyway because he felt fine.

My mom and my niece moved in with me to stay safe while my oldest sister is self-isolating. She is all alone in a house for the next 10 days - 2 weeks trying to deal with the death of my 2nd oldest sister, in isolation.

@Elizevt I am so extremely sorry for your loss!! How selfish of that person for bringing a virus into the workplace that cost your sister her life, and for all of you, her loss. He is going to have to live with that horrible decision for the rest of his life and I hope he remembers her every day. People need to take this virus far more seriously! Too many lives are being lost that may have been prevented with some precautions.

Just an Update on my Sister. She passed away from Covid19 last night. She fought for oxygen for the last 4-5 days. Her Oxygen was between 40%-70% up until last night. The hospital let my oldest sister into the ward to see her(all PPE precautions observed). and they were changing machines from a CPAP machine to a high-pressure one, so for a few seconds, she was breathing on her own. All she could muster breathing on her own was 17% oxygen.

We are all heartbroken. and frankly, I'm feeling angry at the Aholes who get COVID and still think, just because they feel fine, they can go to town and go shopping and refuse to wear masks and not take precautions. My sister caught this from a guy who got COVID and came to work anyway because he felt fine.

My mom and my niece moved in with me to stay safe while my oldest sister is self-isolating. She is all alone in a house for the next 10 days - 2 weeks trying to deal with the death of my 2nd oldest sister, in isolation.
I am so sorry for your loss. You and you family are in my thoughts. Praying for the health of your other sister.

I just learned that one young fellow who came to church yesterday has a wife sick at home with COVID.

WHAT?? You came to a public gathering with people of all ages and health conditions, knowing for a FACT that you were intimately exposed to this virus?? Just because we live in an area where numbers are low, doesn't mean you should play Russian roulette with other people's lives.

Can't think of any other words to say except bad ones, so I'll quit there.

@Elizevt please accept my heartfelt condolences to you and your family for the senseless loss of your sister. Will keep your family and your sister in confinement in my prayers. These senseless acts of selfish people just make no sense to me.

These acts affect people and families directly and indirectly. We lost a beloved friend to all things curable Listeria, the end of last month. She laid in an emergency room, with the family only being told she has an infection but they were not sure what it was and they were very busy. My friend died 15 hrs later. A week later the autopsy showed she had Listeria. A curable food poisoning. She was otherwise a healthy person.

@Elizevt please accept my heartfelt condolences to you and your family for the senseless loss of your sister. Will keep your family and your sister in confinement in my prayers. These senseless acts of selfish people just make no sense to me.

These acts affect people and families directly and indirectly. We lost a beloved friend to all things curable Listeria, the end of last month. She laid in an emergency room, with the family only being told she has an infection but they were not sure what it was and they were very busy. My friend died 15 hrs later. A week later the autopsy showed she had Listeria. A curable food poisoning. She was otherwise a healthy person.
I’m sorry for your loss as well, Carolyn.

I just learned that one young fellow who came to church yesterday has a wife sick at home with COVID.

WHAT?? You came to a public gathering with people of all ages and health conditions, knowing for a FACT that you were intimately exposed to this virus?? Just because we live in an area where numbers are low, doesn't mean you should play Russian roulette with other people's lives.

Can't think of any other words to say except bad ones, so I'll quit there.

No one should be in a church gathering right now, whether they/you know they have been exposed or not. The majority of people with Covid-19 are asymptomatic. Everyone going to a church gathering right now is playing Russian roulette with others' and their own lives.

No one should be in a church gathering right now, whether they/you know they have been exposed or not. The majority of people with Covid-19 are asymptomatic. Everyone going to a church gathering right now is playing Russian roulette with others' and their own lives.
Please don't make assumptions before you know all of the facts. Our state has very low numbers and is in Phase 3. Everything is open except bars and large inside gatherings.

Even so, our church is voluntarily and strictly complying with social distancing, mask-wearing, and meeting outside. It is no more risky, and in fact far less risky, than going to a grocery store, the beach, and other public places like Walmart, protests, or marches -- NONE of which are scrupulously sanitized or even able to strictly enforce social distancing like our church does.

ALL of those places/gatherings are far more dangerous than our very regimented church gathering. ALL of them are subject to foolish people who mingle with others in public after known exposure.

To the extent you apply the same rigorous standard to ALL of those gatherings, and are personally staying out of stores and all other public places, then I commend you for your non-hypocritical stance on these issues.

Last edited:
Ya, Funerals are very tricky. People who have been exposed to a family member who died of covid19, all getting together with masses of people to hug and shake hands with people that are holding snotty tissues.... nope.

My whole family are at high risk. Compromised immune systems or just plain overweight and unhealthy. So we can't risk getting sick. My sister who passed away on Sunday will be cremated and we will hold a tiny memorial with just the direct family (mom, sister brother niece) and a minister. But we will be hosting it over skype, so that family and friends can sit in and listen to the service. It's Much safer.

During lockdown My family have been doing attending bible study over skype, so we got the idea to do the memorial service online too. It's just much safer.

We can't risk loosing more loved ones. We are running out of family 😢

Last edited:
Elizevt I admire your resiliance and good sense

Praying that your remaining loved ones all stay well

cmzaha they are warning here that the risk from ordinary diseases have increased but to have this happen in your own circle of friends - i cant even image 😢

Back