Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Claudette Carignan OH, thank God!!! Praying for your hubby and your family. You all have a long road to walk. But at least your hubby will be around to walk it!

DFW went on state of emergency yesterday morning. All schools closed for at least two weeks. Lots of companies sending non-essential personnel home to be paid until April. Unfortunately, my job requires I be there, as does my husband's. He works on a military base, so they may close the base to non-essential personnel. His company will pay him if that happens for a couple of weeks. If they close my office, I am not going to be paid. Oh, well. We shall see what happens. I refuse to live in fear, though.

On a side note, if y'all haven't seen the videos of Italians singing from their balconies, grab some tissues and go watch it. Talk about making the best of a bad situation.
Thank you so much. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. But we are so grateful to the person who chose to be an organ donor and our hearts go out to their family.

I called The hospital earlier this afternoon. Both the electrocardiogram and echocardiogram went well and they have taken him off the ventilator. He’s also off the blood pressure meds. He is alert and responding to everything even more. They are going to try and get him to sit up at the side of the bed and try talking.
I also asked them to explain why the kids and I are not there visiting him. The hospital is on log down because of the covid 19. I can Call as much as I want to get updates. Once he’s out of the icu I can Drop of his phone and we can face time text or call.

thank you so much. It truly is a gift of life. My heart breaks for the family that lost a loved one but so thankful that they decide to be an organ donor. Because of that selfless act of kindness my husband has a second chance of life. I will Be forever grateful to them.

This is wonderful news. Prayers for his continued recovery. ♥️

@Claudette Carignan This is the most wonderful news! You may need to put off the soap making for awhile, but I do hope that you will be able to find time, with the support of family and friends, to occasionally do something for yourself, even if it is just getting outside for a walk in the sunshine. My ex went through a period of kidney failure and dialysis and then had a transplant from my BIL. Twelve years since later he is still doing very well. Donors and donor families are true heros. Giving someone life is truly the ultimate gift. I am also forever grateful to the doctors, ICU nurses and other members of the team that support families through every step.
Thank you for your kind words. The staff at the ottawa heart institute are truly super heros. We are truly so grateful to the person who made the selfless decision to be an organ donor and keep their family in our thoughts. Their loved one’s legacy will live on in my husband

@Claudette Carignan I’m so happy to hear that everything went as planned. It must be difficult to be separated from your husband right now, but it will be GREAT when he gets the cell phone. Best wishes for his speedy recovery and please keep us posted!
It is hard and I ask Them to explain why the kids and I are Not there to visit. They were going to explain things to him this afternoon when they had him sitting up on the side of the bed. My daughter is going to be the one calling this evening S it gives her a feeling of being involved more. I did ask her to call my mother in law first to give her the update. She’s really feeling left out of the loup because my sister in law treats her like a child. The family dynamics is awful with the inlaws. Specifically my sister in-law unfortunatly. She likes to be in charge. I had To put her in her place and tell her it wasn’t about her. I promised My mother in-law she would be the first to get the update and can call her daughter to give the latest news to her. She was in tears and so thankful that I’m putting her first. my daughter promised that she would call her grandmother before texting me or her brother or anyone else

A friend of mine noted that several people she knows of got terribly sick in late Dec to early Jan. These got sick and it was a few weeks until they got better, she postulated that the Coronal virus may have gotten here much earlier than we think (USA). and that they were not tested for this virus. Also, this virus is over 50 years old, so even though this is a new mutation, alot of us have been exposed to it.

Just want to clarify on your last point. Coronaviruses are a well known virus that causes colds and we have all been exposed to them. Some of the more well known strains have been infecting humans for 500+ years. There is some argument that children, because they get coronavirus colds often, have some partial immunity and that is why they are not getting sick.

However, COVID is part of Group 2B coronaviruses, known to cause emerging 21st century epidemics as people contract the virus from animal resevoirs and then spread it among other people. SARS and MERS are in this category, and even within this group COVID-19 is 25% different from SARS, which is huge! The closest known virus to COVID-19 is RaTG13 found in a bat in Yunnan province in 2013. It is 96% identical, which is still a pretty big difference in genetic terms.

That's why the world's population has basically no immunity and we have no validated treatments yet. That being said, Remdesivir, chloroquine, interferon, and Kaletra are all being tested as possibilities.

Source: Ralph Baric's research from UNC

I just read that the French authorities strongly advise not to use NSAIDs (like ibuprofen) to treat symptoms of infections with covid-19. Apparently they've worsened the infection in some people. Only paracetamol is advised to use. Thought I'd share since a lot of people self medicate with ibuprofen. (In case someone is interested, here's the link)

I just read that the French authorities strongly advise not to use NSAIDs (like ibuprofen) to treat symptoms of infections with covid-19. Apparently they've worsened the infection in some people. Only paracetamol is advised to use. Thought I'd share since a lot of people self medicate with ibuprofen. (In case someone is interested, here's the link)

I just read the same thing as I lay here unable to sleep! I take an 81mg aspirin daily. Ugh!

Australia way back when ……… we will be remembering the toilet paper wars of 2020 :D.

89602077_3050738628311325_8891773791072419840_n.jpg
So it's not just in the US? OMG too funny!

Day 3 of the lockdown in Spain. 11,409 cases, 509 deaths.

Every day is a Sunday. In a country where street life is like oxygen, it feels very weird to see so few people out and about. I've been teleworking for 14 years so no big change there, and a friend does any shopping I might need. He says the supermarkets are fully stocked although they only let in 12 people at a time. People go out onto their balconies at 20:00 every day to applause the healthcare workers, supermarket personnel and all the others out there doing their bit to keep the country running.

Funny to think that a little "creature" of about 0.12 microns in size can bring an entire planet to its knees. Good lesson in humility.

"Vikings" is getting better and better...

Hugs to all and take care

The Spanish Flu of 1918 took a toll of 50 million people....That was 3 times the number that died in WWI. When I graduated from high school in the late 1950's we were having a flu pandemic then. Flu usually enters the body through an opening in the skin. We have Seven Natural opening in the Skin on our head. We may have many more due to cuts or abrasions. Unless someone sneezes or coughs in your vicinity you can do a lot to protect yourself. The number one thing you can do is to stay away from large gatherings. The second thing you can do is to keep your hands away from your head and face if they haven't just been washed for over 20 seconds with good Soap and Water. If you touch anything after you wash your hands with Soap and Water its a good idea to think you have contaminated them again so they are not safe to touch your face or head with until they have been washed again. Think like a surgeon in an operating room. To protect yourself you must be aware of how you can become contaminated. You need excellent hygiene and a mind that is conscious of your environment. If you don't use lazy habits during this Pandemic and you observe excellent hygiene you could very well get through all this without being infected. Another thing I usually remember is: After you have done all you know to do to protect yourself and your family. You aren't going to leave this World one second before its your time and your not going to be here one second after its your time. Knowing this will give a person PEACE within themselves. And you can't put a price tag on PEACE! The World will want all of us to jump through a bunch of hoops and over a number of hurtles. That's the way people act when they don't know what else to do.

The Spanish Flu of 1918 took a toll of 50 million people....That was 3 times the number that died in WWI. When I graduated from high school in the late 1950's we were having a flu pandemic then. Flu usually enters the body through an opening in the skin. We have Seven Natural opening in the Skin on our head. We may have many more due to cuts or abrasions. Unless someone sneezes or coughs in your vicinity you can do a lot to protect yourself. The number one thing you can do is to stay away from large gatherings. The second thing you can do is to keep your hands away from your head and face if they haven't just been washed for over 20 seconds with good Soap and Water. If you touch anything after you wash your hands with Soap and Water its a good idea to think you have contaminated them again so they are not safe to touch your face or head with until they have been washed again. Think like a surgeon in an operating room. To protect yourself you must be aware of how you can become contaminated. You need excellent hygiene and a mind that is conscious of your environment. If you don't use lazy habits during this Pandemic and you observe excellent hygiene you could very well get through all this without being infected. Another thing I usually remember is: After you have done all you know to do to protect yourself and your family, remember, GOD is still in control. You aren't going to leave this World one second before its your time and your not going to be here one second after its your time. Knowing this will give a person PEACE within themselves. And you can't put a price tag on PEACE! The World will want all of us to jump through a bunch of hoops and over a number of hurtles. That's the way people act when they don't know what else to do. Maybe we should ask GOD to show us HIS WAY. Have you seen any of our leaders calling on GOD for his deliverance and protection? It's a shame we haven't seen that isn't it. When I was growing up we saw leaders asking for GODS Help in time of trouble. Now days it seems people think we don't need HIS help anymore. But regardless of what they think.... We still need GOD's HELP and FORGIVENESS!

Sorry, God is not going to help us now

Lin........ You may feel God isn't going to help us now but He has been helping me get out of bed in the morning for almost 80 years now. Why on Earth would I think He would stop doing that now? Once we get to really know Him it surprising what He will do to help those that love and trust Him.

Latest posts

Back