Cornflowers for blue?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do cornflowers retain their blue color when mixed into soap and if so, could you infuse them for a natural blue? I have some and I'm not quite sure what to do with them.

Obsidian, I've tried them on *top* of the soap, and they do stay blue there, unlike anything else for me except calendula, even on top everything else goes brown over time. I have not used them *in* the body of the soap b/c I tried so many other things that went yucky. Again, except for calendula. I'd be interested to know if anyone has used them *in* the soap too.

I did try google imaging at one point and could not find any that convinced me that they would stay blue if fully immersed in batter, but no discussions on it, unfortunately.

Had some to use at a class, and the ones on top were pretty but the ones in the body of the soap were brown. Gave the bar to an unknowing recipient who thought they were *supposed* to be brown spots :)

Latest posts

Back