Corn oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Since olive oil is so costly I have been playing around with my recipe. Now don't laugh, I have substituted corn oil in it's place. It is supposed to give it a similar trace, which it did. I wonder how healing it will be to my cracked , dry skin. Gimme some feed back! Thank you!

Just looking at soapcalc, it's very similar. The EFA properties are a little different, but still balance out basically the same way.

Cool Beans! Thanks for the tip. Let us know how it works?

Hey Deda. I enjoyed making that batch. It seems to have turned out very creamy and tolerant of the nutrients that I used. Bananas and various powdered milks. You know I had to sample me a handwash. Lol. The almond meal makes it smell so yummy. Can't wait for a full cure so I can try on my face. Bye!

Your soap sounds REALLY nice. Keep us posted on it. :)

I have subbed out canola in my recipe for a lot of the olive oil, but it has such a short shelf life that I'm experimenting with antioxidants to keep down DOS. I would love to hear how the corn oil holds up.

I have made this corn soap less than a week ago and when I tasted it ,it did not bite back. I have used it on my face about 3 days now. I can't understand. How could it cure this quickly? It really is a very luxurious and sweet soap.

This is very interesting, I will have to try this. Do keep us updated about it. :D

Digit

Black soap n candle lady said:
I have made this corn soap less than a week ago and when I tasted it ,it did not bite back. I have used it on my face about 3 days now. I can't understand. How could it cure this quickly? It really is a very luxurious and sweet soap.

Most of the saponification takes place in the first 24-48 hours. Your soap will get milder, but only marginally. After that its just a matter of evaporation. The soap will get harder and last longer with a good long cure.

Latest posts

Back