corn oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaissancemom

Reaction score
has anyone used corn oil in their soaps? if so what are the benefits associated with this oil? i have never read about using corn oil before but i see it listed in soapcalc and it had me thinking, (i cook with it and have a lot in my house)

there are many people who are sensitive or allergic to corn oil. i can't use it because DS is allergic to all things corn, so i can't tell you the benefits or drawbacks other than the allergies drawback. make sure you label it well if you put corn in it.

i dont know many people who use it for soap, i think it has higher chance for dos? thought i read that somewhere.

honor435 said:
i dont know many people who use it for soap, i think it has higher chance for dos? thought i read that somewhere.

I believe that is true... but maybe at 5-10% it wouldn't be too bad as a filler to cut costs.

And yes I would always label accurately even if you are not selling. You just never know what people might be allergic to these days.

I have used corn oil in my batches. I read that it possessed some of the same properties as olive oil. To me it acted similar. I do soap in small batches so you may want to investigate if this oil will work for you. It is more affordable than olive oil and I had no problems soaping with it. Hope this helps!

I use it for a bout 10/15% and it seems to be wonderfully conditioning.

Latest posts

Back