corn meal?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagnukem

Reaction score
Has anyone used corn meal in their soap? I read online that it is supposed to give off a sweet smell and is used as an exfoliant.

I was just wondering if anyone had any used it and what they thought about it if they did. How was the soap... ect?

Thanks!!
Dag

I have used it in M&P. It does have a smell, not sure I would call it sweet though. It's nice & scrubby. I use it in gardener's soaop w/ herbal type fragrances to go with the corn meal smell.

I've been wanting to add cornmeal, too. I bought some red popping corn from an Amish bulk foods store. Now I have to find a way to grind it up.

I love this forum, so many great ides. Red popping corn that sounds great...I hve seen cornmeal used in a couple of the books I got from the library I will see if I still have them to get the amount they added. To grind it I wonder if a coffe grinder would work?

Maybe *I* should go to the library and see what they have. I hadn't even thought about that! I barrowed two books from a friend and have done alot of reading online.

I do put cornmeal and oatmeal into my herbal scrub soap. I just buy the yellow ground stuff at the grocery store. The red sounds interesting!

I don't detect any sweet smell from the corn, but my unscented bars always smell a bit like oatmeal. I must try some without the oatmeal next time.

I also tried poppyseeds one time....too scratchy!

Poppy seed is my fav exfoliant! I love it extra scrubby! I want it to take my top layer of hyde off :lol: .

Woodi said:
I do put cornmeal and oatmeal into my herbal scrub soap. I just buy the yellow ground stuff at the grocery store. The red sounds interesting!

I don't detect any sweet smell from the corn, but my unscented bars always smell a bit like oatmeal. I must try some without the oatmeal next time.

I also tried poppyseeds one time....too scratchy!

I use cornmeal, oatmeal, and almond meal in my soap, and then scent it with vanilla almond fragrance oil. Smells good and is very exfoliating. :)

I've and from time to time still use cornmeal soap with honey it does have a smell but with vanilla bean fragrance or eo oils will make it smell yummy!

Back