Cookie Prefrence!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Whats YOUR favorite type of cookie? does it have to be homeade? Tell us your preference!!

My Fav: Homeade choco-chip :D :D :D :D

who can pick just one

girl scout thin mints
girl scout samoas

homemade: choc chip with walnuts
barb

My grandmother's recipie oatmeal chocolatechip cookies they are VERY heavy on the oatmeal and a very hearty cookie:

two cups vegetable shortening
four eggs
one marshmallow fluff jar filled to the line, (not the brim) with 1/2 white and 1/2 dark brown sugar
Marshmallow fluff jar filled to the line with flour
Marshmallow fluff jar filled to the line with oats (not quick cooking)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
some vanilla
whatever is left of the chocolate chips after you are done snacking on them while you have been mixing the ingredients)
Maybe some coconut if you want (I use a lot of coconut, up to two bags)
a few dried cranberries, or raisins or nuts if you want

cream the sugar and shortening together, add eggs, mix
Sift in flour, soda and salt
mix in oats and tidbits and whatever else you want in your cookies. Mix with your hands.

Drop by teaspoon full onto waxpaper lined cookie sheets. 350 degrees for harder cookies
400 for soft cookies.
Cook until they are done. Makes mountains of cookies

If you don't have a marshmallow fluff jar, then I'm sorry, I don't know exactly how much flour, oats and sugar you need. I think maybe four cups of each?

My DH is a cookie monster. so I make cookies every week, can't stand store-bought. He doesn't like the quality of packaged chocolate chips so if I add chocolate to the standard oatmeal recipe likes (cuz I like chocolate in cookies) I buy a good chocolate bar and chunk it up.

Since starting to make soap, and recognizing the qualities of a good bar, I've added quality to what we eat as well.

So my fav cookies are: oatmeal with coconut, sunflower seeds, honey instead of sugar, real butter not shortening, organic orange peel, and sometimes chopped pecans. I'll share the recipe if you want it. Just PM me.

Getting Hungry!

I think I need to make a batch of homemade, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chip cookies now! LOL

Woodi,

Honey instead of sugar? How much honey, I mean if recipe calls for 1 cup sugar how much honey do you use instead?
In advance many Thanks.

Krickett

Ohhhhh!! this is the thread for me!! call me cookie monster for reaaaaal lol :lol: :lol:

Ok..favorites (all made by mom of course, to this day she SENDS me cookies from NY!!!)

Top 2:
Neapolitan cookies (the tri-layer red green and yellow cookies)...take like 3 days to make right!!

Italian wedding cookies (the lemon ones with lemon glaze mmmm mmmmmmm)

chocolate chip
peanut butter
thin mints!

and sugar cookies!

I do not discriminate - I LOVE ALL COOKIES!!! I have to say tho....my girlfriend makes a mean and mighty snickerdoodle to die for! k

Any cookie works for me! :D

My favorites are:

ANY lemon cookie
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip (Homemade)
Any Girl Scout cookie!

Store-bought cookies don't taste good to me. I like Toll House.

The McDonald's oatmeal cookie is a pretty good one. :)

Sorry Krickett, I just got back to this cookie thread. (been abstaining from cookies until yesterday when grandkids came, so had to make some).

Instead of my usual 1/2 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, I use about 3/4 cup honey. It does change the texture of the cookie to a tad softer, not chewy....but still delicious!

I have been playing with sugar quantities for some time, trying to get the 'perfect texture' (i.e. one that both DH and I like) to no avail yet. I like soft or crunchy, he likes chewy.

to get chewy: you need lots of fat and take it out of the oven before it rises to the top, i.e. let it fall.

and another good cookie recipe I just discovered:

add 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter to your usual, taking out some of the shortening or butter.

or make 'peanut butter' cookies but use a different nut butter - really fun and unusual.

We went to the theatre on Saturday night (free tickets), and my husband bought me a cookie that was so good that I cannot stop thinking about it. I think I am going to have to phone and find out what I can to see if I can duplicate the recipe.

Back