Cook top Cleaner Worked!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
After trying numerous store bought cleaners, sponges etc., I looked online and found a simple recipe for cleaning your stove top. Tried it out and it worked great!
One tablespoon each baking soda, salt, water, mix up, dip your rag (I used washcloth) and scrub, rinse, dry.

Oftentimes, it's the simple things. :) Vinegar (as much as I hate the smell of it) is like that for me. I had been using Barkeeper's Friend to scour the calcium spots out of my stainless steel pots after having boiled water in them (we have terrible hard water), but just a simple, brief soak in vinegar makes them look all shiny and new again.

IrishLass :)

Yep, baking soda+vinegar is my go-to for cleaning stove tops and bathtubs. I make a paste with a little added dish soap and nothing else gets the tub to sparkle like that. And it's cheap!

Edited for spell-check

Just beware that if you have granite or marble you cannot use bicarbonate of soda and/or vinegar anywhere near them as it will eat into them.
If you have a glass induction cooktop this stuff is fantastic. Hillmark Cerapol Glass cooktop and induction cleaner and sealer. I am not a good housekeeper type person but this give me joy to use! :)

I figure at the rate you have to use it it will last about 20 years.

image.jpg

Last edited:
baking soda with drop of dish washing liquid is awesome. I am suffering with asthma (not so much anymore) so I started to make my own cleaners, and they work awesome, much better than commercial cleaners..............no coughing involved ;))

Latest posts

Back