Containers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsteward90

Reaction score
So Ive been doing more research and learning alot but I have a couple of questions. Right now im going to start making gel air freshners then move up to candles and other stuff. Where can I get jars for good prices? And has anyone ever did the air freshners and also where can I learn about wicks and which ones to use in candles. And one more thing where is the best place to buy gel wax for gel candles? Thanks

Gel candles are verrrrry tricky. A LOT of fragrance oils are not safe for use in gel candles. Then you have the clouding issue...

Hmmm....

Give soy a try, BrambleBerry has a cheap wax and wicks...There arent a whole bunch of different candle stuff to try and pick through...

PeaksCandle has GREAT FO's ...like amazing great....

WholeSaleSupplies Has a lot of different supplies to make different types of home fragrance products, if you wanted to make something other than candles.

However my other concern is you sound as if you want to sell these. Do you know what your market is? How well they would sell? How many other sellers are trying to sell the same product? (how well do they do with them.) There are so many variables....... Are you going to sell local, online at an auction web site or private web site....) It's terrible to get stuck with materials you can't use.
This really came out of left field :roll: .

I have only played w/ candles & gel air fresheners a bit. After you locate a supplier I would get them on the phone and see what they recomend. They will know their products best & should be able to assist you in finding the right size wicks, etc to use in your specific containers.

Are you planning to use the standard jelly jars for the air fresheners or do you have something different in mind. Jelly jars can be found locally at your grocery stores, dollar stores, etc and will save you a ton on shipping.

If you use jelly jars you can get them at Wal-mart but only certain times of the year, they don't carry them all year long. However, these jars have a quilted design, not smooth and clear.

I get my jars from Just By Nature. You can order them with regular lids or with daisy lids. Another reason I get them there is because I like to decorate my jars which I can't really do with the quilted ones.

Latest posts

Back