Consistency bath bomb dough

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some thoughts on changing the consistency of my bath bomb dough:

So I had some real trouble with my bath bomb dough recently. It started too dry and with adding of isopropylene (RA) it just got an weird consistency. It actually reminded me of this video . My bombs also broke/crumbled while drying.
I think for me it is important to use enough oil. Also butter helps a lot with keeping the shape.
I use a ratio of 8% half sweet almond oil half cocoa butter of my dry ingredients.
E.g. for embeds
100 g bicarb
100g cit
16 g oil mix
8 g poly 80

It works really well with fine powdered citric acid but not very good with citric acid which is just fine. So I grind mine in a coffee mill and seal it air tight till using.

I also tried diluting my isopropanol to 70% and used it to make embeds and got some wonderful risen bath cookies which wouldn't fizz anymore. So water isn't working for me ;)

I use cocoa butter or shea butter only most times. No liquid oils needed to hold it together. I also spritz with 91% alcohol if needed which usually isn't often. I use regular citric acid no need to grind it unless it's super coarse but I've not come across any like that.

I use cocoa butter or shea butter only most times. No liquid oils needed to hold it together. I also spritz with 91% alcohol if needed which usually isn't often. I use regular citric acid no need to grind it unless it's super coarse but I've not come across any like that.

I also used ethanol till a few days ago and had much better results than with isopropanol.

Latest posts

Back