Confetti soap scent suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a ton of soap shreds so I've been thinking about making a confetti soap but when it comes to scenting it, I'm drawing a blank. I think it should be a fun and/or festive scent. Any suggestions? What are some of your favorite scents for confetti soaps? TIA [emoji3]

I don't make many confetti soaps, but the last one I did was with very colorful confetti bits and I used Honey I Washed the Kids. Champagne (BB) mixed with a fruity FO would be another choice. If you like bakery scents a cake type would work. I've not personally used Fruit Loops, but others have and I think like it well enough. I also once made a confetti soap with only pink shreds and used a floral FO with it - a honeysuckle I think it was.

Most of my shreds seem to be pastel colored so maybe a floral would work. I could do a rose garden soap or something. Thanks Dibbles!

You also want to choose the scent for the soap batter so it is compatible with any scent lingering in the shreds. A spicy woodsy scent in the shreds might not work too well with a light floral scent, for example, but more of the same or similar spicy scent might work great.

Black raspberry vanilla is another scent that refuses to play well with others. I mixed 10% BRV with 90% Honeysuckle (a strong floral to everyone who smells it). There was no compromise -- the grape jelly scent of BRV still won the contest hands down. :rolleyes:

Thanks Deanna & Misschief. I hadn't consider the possibility of lingering scents. There's a little more to consider than I thought. I just saw that I had at least a pound of shreds and thought "Confetti soap! What should I scent it with?"

I personally have never had any lingering scent due to the shreds even when the shreds were only a few days/weeks old. I do however like to scent most of my confetti soaps with fruity fresh scents, with a white base. But that's just my preference.

I get a scent off of my shreds. I try to separate them into containers by what scents go well together - so all of my florals go into one bucket, for example. I've got an FO called "Lime Leaf and Lily" that pairs with almost everything well, but is very boring by itself, so many things get paired with that. I also really like to use bay rum, and since bay rum turns the soap brown, the shreds provide visual interest.

I do a confetti bar in an unscented soap. I call it "ghost of Soaps past". It smells good on its own.
I've tried that so many times, and only the scent of unscented soap comes through. The shreds are STRONG by themselves, but after adding to a fresh batch for confetti, the scent is undetectable. At least to my nose, so I just always scent the new batter with a scent I want the soap to be and not worry about what the shreds smell like since I can't detect any scent with them anyway.

I point to Black raspberry vanilla as one of the most determined FOs I've ever met. It lingers in the shreds and in confetti soap. It sticks after rebatching. I've even salted-out soap that was originally scented with BRV and that dang scent STILL hangs on. Wow.

YMMV of course. But I have the utmost respect for the lasting power of BRV. Too bad I don't really like the smell. o_O

I've only used the BRV from Peak, and it would fade on me within 6 months, and I've used shreds with it as well, and nope it didn't come through. At least for me. But of course, I am the first one to admit I don't have a "sophisticated" olfactory sense, and also can't detect all the different notes some people pick up on with deep sophisticated scents, so that very well could be the reason?
I've never had anyone say my confetti soaps smelled wonky, though, so there's that. LOL

I think our noses smell differently on some fragrances. I have used Peak BRV for years now and it sticks for me. I have a bar 3+ years old and still smell it. There are some scents I can't smell at all and have to rely on others. Sometimes I think it depends on the recipe though it shouldn't....

When I don't want a scent to linger (because I hate it!), that's when it lingers in re-batch and in confetti soap. I don't remember atm moment which one it was; I'd have to look back at my notes. But I made this most powerfully lingering scented soap over a year ago and could not stand the fragrance. I let it cure for 6 months and no reduction in scent. I shred it as finely as possible and the scent still never faded. I used it as confetti with new unscented soap, and although it was less intense being mixed with new soap, I still could not abide the fragrance. After another longer cure, I started giving it away to get it out of my curing room. Testing the soap on my hands even offends my nose, as no matter how much rinsing, the fragrance lingers on my skin. Maybe someone else might like it, but for me, it just offends my senses.

Latest posts

Back