Confetti Soap Ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not made a confetti soap yet but after just working out how to use the planner on my soap cutter I have a mass of curls, some very pretty jade green and chocolate coloured ones from my buttermint soap. My question is do I account for the curls going into the batter when I mix it or do I just make up the batch and if there is some left over put into small moulds?

I have not made a confetti soap yet but after just working out how to use the planner on my soap cutter I have a mass of curls, some very pretty jade green and chocolate coloured ones from my buttermint soap. My question is do I account for the curls going into the batter when I mix it or do I just make up the batch and if there is some left over put into small moulds?
I think both are possible and it depends on personal preference which method you use (do you mind doing a bit of math or do you mind having leftover batter in smaller molds)

I currently have lye cooling for my first confetti try....again trying to duplicate one of @Jersey Girl beautiful designs lol.

anyway, i shredded a bar that was a tester. Stupid question. Do you chop the curls into smaller pieces? Some are long from the length of the bar, and some are shorter. I know it might sound dumb lol. But i never did a confetti soap before

I currently have lye cooling for my first confetti try....again trying to duplicate one of @Jersey Girl beautiful designs lol.

anyway, i shredded a bar that was a tester. Stupid question. Do you chop the curls into smaller pieces? Some are long from the length of the bar, and some are shorter. I know it might sound dumb lol. But i never did a confetti soap before

When I shred a soap for confetti I use a stainless box grater and i use the bigger sized holes of the grater. My thinking was that I wanted the confetti a bit thicker so it wouldn’t melt together when I gelled it but I don’t know if that would happen, it’s just something I thought “could” so I use the bigger holes. I only push the soap halfway down the grater to make them relatively consistent in size and avoid really long pieces but I don’t think it matters much if the pieces were longer. The only way to find out is to experiment! I’ve never seen a confetti soap I didn’t like.
B1B14C2E-F099-43BA-AF21-CE12D9187B08.jpeg

Everyones soaps are beautiful! Now I want to try to make a soap w/ embeds. Ive got an idea but of course what I'm imagining in my head may not turn out in soap! now I need a yellow color' does anyone know if Turmeric turns soap yellow or is it orangish?.

Everyones soaps are beautiful! Now I want to try to make a soap w/ embeds. Ive got an idea but of course what I'm imagining in my head may not turn out in soap! now I need a yellow color' does anyone know if Turmeric turns soap yellow or is it orangish?.

You may want to start a new thread with that question so it gets seen, but also if you search turmeric on the forum, there have been a lot of people who have used it in infusions, etc. I think the consensus is it will fade to a yellowish tan after starting out orange.

Latest posts

Back