Confetti Soap Ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That being said, I’m still eyeing a salad shooter as a dedicated soap shredder. Soaping is definitely a co-addiction with my kitchen gadget obsession.😁
That’s for sure!
I’m kicking myself for giving a perfectly good food processor away when someone gifted me a new one a while back. (Before my soaping addiction started) 🙄

Last edited:
I can’t claim credit for the idea - many YouTube soapers use them. For whatever reason, I never see them in thrift shops around me.

I just replaced my Salad Shooter that I got from a thrift store. Lasted 6+ years, and it wasn't new when I bought it. I got my new one from Amazon as I just do not have time to go haunt thrift stores these days. When I was looking, I saw this and wondered had anyone tried it. I actually want to use the new Salad Shooter for food as my food processor also bit the dust (my dad purchased it from a garage sale for $1.00 back in 1979-1981 ish), and I need a grater for carrots and such.

https://smile.amazon.com/Hausmelo-V...qid=1599849501&sprefix=salad+s,aps,191&sr=8-5

Here's a confetti soap that was a last-ditch effort to save a nightmare batch of coffee soap. After using a bar of it for a while, I realized it looks a lot like my kitchen countertop, which you see in the background. The bars are horribly ugly because, one, I can't seem to make pretty soap to save my life, and two, these bars were cut using a miter box and came out all crooked and uneven. Aside from that, the soap is awesome, and I'm glad I was able to salvage the nightmare batch.
I like it! Looks like the terazzo floor in my old house.

Love all of these - so creative! Random question about confetti soaps, as I have a nice collection of scraps from bevelling and planing: do the fragrances from these scraps come through much in the final bar? I have scraps from four different batches that all smell pretty different, and have been wondering if a confetti bar would result in a horrible mishmash of fragrances. Also do people generally add a new fragrance to their "suspending" batter?

The salad shooter idea is brilliant!
I don’t know if I can fit any more gadgets in my kitchen lol 😅

Love all of these - so creative! Random question about confetti soaps, as I have a nice collection of scraps from bevelling and planing: do the fragrances from these scraps come through much in the final bar? I have scraps from four different batches that all smell pretty different, and have been wondering if a confetti bar would result in a horrible mishmash of fragrances. Also do people generally add a new fragrance to their "suspending" batter?

It really depends on each of the fragrances. If they are all strong, long-lasting scents, then yes, it COULD be a mishmash. But, do they complement each other? If yes, then it would become a pleasant blend.

You can test how well they work together by mixing portions of each together in a closed container and then check on the blend.

It really depends on each of the fragrances. If they are all strong, long-lasting scents, then yes, it COULD be a mishmash. But, do they complement each other? If yes, then it would become a pleasant blend.

You can test how well they work together by mixing portions of each together in a closed container and then check on the blend.
Thanks so much for the reply! I actually have them sitting in a lunchbox at the moment, so I might check on them in a couple of weeks and see how they all work together. Then I might chance throwing them into some unscented soap and see what happens.

I can’t claim credit for the idea - many YouTube soapers use them. For whatever reason, I never see them in thrift shops around me.
Soooo... doing some “spring cleaning“ in the kitchen. Got to my fridge and while cleaning the forgotten cabinets above the fridge (See all the dust bunnies around the door hinges! Yikes!) I found this... god knows how long it’s been up there or where it came from, but looks like I’ll be breaking it out to se how it works on a batch of seized soap that’s just sitting in my closet curing away!

Attachments

• EB4CB5CA-8888-4A9D-8F24-6ABAC583EA23.jpeg
    EB4CB5CA-8888-4A9D-8F24-6ABAC583EA23.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
I fragrance my new batter. My confetti are usually bevels and ends from a variety of soaps. Although I think the scent of the confetti may add some complexity to the fragrance of the new soap I never think it is dominant enough for most people to recognize that the confetti is providing some scent let alone be able to identify it.

I fragrance my new batter. My confetti are usually bevels and ends from a variety of soaps. Although I think the scent of the confetti may add some complexity to the fragrance of the new soap I never think it is dominant enough for most people to recognize that the confetti is providing some scent let alone be able to identify it.
This is my experience as well. This is my latest confetti soap. I shredded a wine soap I had made a few months ago that looked like meat to me. Lol. It was scented with cranberry fig from BB and was pretty strong. I used almost one whole bar of shreds. The new batter I scented with Rose Goddess from FB and the soap has a really nice light rose scent. I don’t think I can smell the original scent from the shreds at all. BTW...I’m not a lover of rose fragrances but I really like this FO.
E2AAEBC6-2754-4DCF-A1F1-AD4E80A0EFA9.png

I unmolded this soap this morning. I was aiming for a terrazzo look, and I'm pretty pleased. I would go for more contrast next time, because it's a bit hard to see the "neutral" colored chunks. The ratio was 1 part chunks to 4 parts new soap batter.
Those look great. The perfect color palette for a cucumber melon fragrance!

Back