Confetti Soap Ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you describe how you got the shavings into the batter please?
For the yellow soaps, I mixed as much curls into the batter as I possibly could and then poured (or scooped and smushed rather) everything into the mold. Unfortunately the batter didn't get everywhere and there are some air pockets (I think I tried to jam too many curls into the batter)
The black soap with yellow curls were made by putting the curls upright into the mold and pouring very fluid batter around it.
The round black soaps were made with the leftover batter from the curly soap and I just added some uneven planing/bevelling bits (I learned from the first time that I shouldn't add too many) and poured into round molds.
I did plane all these soaps very heavily, because otherwise the confetti wouldn't be visible on the outside of the soap.

I don't make many confetti soaps, but here are a couple. The first is the first time I used confetti, the second is soap cut into little pieces from a chevron-attempt-gone-wrong, rather than using shreds.
View attachment 47594View attachment 47595

Oh my goodness, that first one is so precious! Really creative to split it like that. :)

Two words: salad shooter. I wouldn't use for just a confetti soap, but for rebatching I would argue it's indispensable.
Yup-- Salad Shooter! I bought mine at a garage sale years ago and use it for grating rebatches (which I seldom do) and confetti. Works great. For super small gratings you can put it through twice. Once in awhile it gets used for vegetables......

This is my one and only confetti soap... I rebatched a ton of shavings, etc that turned the soap a concrete colour so I added a bunch of colourful scraps and cubes. It's interesting looking - haven't tried it yet.

Attachments

• Soap 17 - Rebatch confetti.jpg
    Soap 17 - Rebatch confetti.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 33
You want to make confetti chunks or shreds either out of scraps from beveling or by grating/shredding bars of soap. It is a good way to use bars of soap that didn't turn out as planned. You can use a box grater/cheese grater or a food processor or salad shooter if you have one of those. Grating by hand doesn't take too long, so no worries if that's what you have available. Alternately, you can cut soap into little pieces and use it that way - i.e., chunks. You can chop your shredded soap into smaller bits as well if you like, or just leave it as is. Then just mix the confetti into a new batch of soap at medium trace so it will stay suspended, and pour into the mold. Bang the mold down well to release any air that might be trapped around the confetti. I learn best visually, so here are a couple of YouTube videos that might be helpful. There are many more, and you can find good advice by doing a search here on this forum as well.

I was inspired by this thread to make my own confetti soap. I just cut them yesterday! These were supposed to be layered, but I spent like 40 minutes trying to bring the charcoal part to trace. I have a stick blender, but it was too large for the amount of charcoal batter, so I was using the mini blender a ton and mixing by hand, which didn't seem to make a difference at all in all that time! I finally gave up and decided to see what would happen if I just poured it anyway, and I like it!

The confetti part was one of my first batches of soap that left my hands feeling too oily when I tested them after a 6 week cure. I chopped it up with a sharp knife and made sure the pieces were covered in batter before pouring. These are scented with WSP's Pink Grapefruit (the confetti too). So yummy!

I'm thinking next time I could do a similar pour and attempt something like a hanger swirl to get the black (or bottom layer) more incorporated.

Attachments

• IMG_9512.jpg
    IMG_9512.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9511.jpg
    IMG_9511.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 30
I alway add some confetti to my boring activated charcoal soap. Usually just for looks... but also to add just a wee bit of fragrance. I make this for my face and add tea tree and frankincense EO to it so the confetti (whatever white bar I have Aaron’s at the time) I find kinda softens the smell...🥳🥳🥳🥳

Attachments

• C8FD5D80-C9DE-48B2-BB19-129BA151EBC3.jpeg
    C8FD5D80-C9DE-48B2-BB19-129BA151EBC3.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 23
Anybody use a food processor with the grater and/or slicer blade to confettize their soaps? I’m not feeling like getting carpal tunnel syndrome. 😆
Yep! I actually recently had to replace my food processor, so I bought the same kind and now I have a “soap only“ attachments. So much easier than by hand. When I make my laundry detergent... I grate it first then put it back in with the blade to pulverize it! Works well for me!

Yep! I actually recently had to replace my food processor, so I bought the same kind and now I have a “soap only“ attachments. So much easier than by hand. When I make my laundry detergent... I grate it first then put it back in with the blade to pulverize it! Works well for me!
I do the same, except I don’t have soap-only versions. I was concerned about scents transferring to the polypropylene bowl and chute, but they don’t (no excuse to buy another one, lol). My discs and blades are all stainless, so there’s no fear of soap transfer, getting soap in my food, or getting food in my soap.

Last time, however, I used the meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid. That worked really well and made soap extrusions that could be fun for embeds, or for chopping into soap sprinkles for the tops. It was also easier to clean than the food processor - just put the attachment in hot water to soak for a bit, and all the soap bits washed right out. But I do notice some faint scent lingering, so I won’t do that again.

That being said, I’m still eyeing a salad shooter as a dedicated soap shredder. Soaping is definitely a co-addiction with my kitchen gadget obsession.😁

Last edited:
I do the same, except I don’t have soap-only versions. I was concerned about scents transferring to the polypropylene bowl and chute, but they don’t (no excuse to buy another one, lol). My discs and blades are all stainless so I there’s no fear of getting soap in my food, or food in my soap.

Last time, however, I used the meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid. That worked really well and made soap extrusions that could be fun for embeds, or for chopping into soap sprinkles for the tops. It was also easier to clean than the food processor - just put the attachment in hot water to soak for a bit, and all the soap bits washed right out. But I do notice some faint scent lingering, so I won’t do that again.

That being said, I’m still eyeing a salad shooter as a dedicated soap shredder. Soaping is definitely a co-addiction with my kitchen gadget obsession.😁
I find My “soap“ food processor stuff is way cleaner and shiny-er than my other! And I’m not really worried about the soap lingering... but I find the fragrance does Sometimes and I don’t want my food creations to smell like soap!! Lol. And a salad shooter is a great idea!!!! I’m always seeing them on my thrift store excursions and never thought of that!

Back