Confetti Soap Ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am thinking about doing a confetti soap. I was inspired by Holly of Kapia Mera. She did an AC soap with the small cubes as opposed to confetti which I'd like to try and recreate. All the ones show here are beautiful!

Hi all! @Jersey Girl and I have been talking about confetti soaps recently so thought this might be a good idea to start a thread for posting pics of your confetti soaps so that others can get ideas and inspiration.
I'll kick off with a few of my past efforts:
The first two were made because i had a lot of shavings and offcuts I needed to use up from being a newbie.
The third one was because I had a scent fade in a batch and didn't want to waste it, so I made it into this which smells divine. The last one was a failed 'rim soap' challenge, so i cut it into chunks and made this 'kaleidoscope' soap.
These days, I may very well just pick through some old bars where i have one left, or one that's not very popular, and just grate them up especially for confetti soap.
Others - please post your confetti pics here too so that newbies can get some ideas of what to do.
Your blue and green one is so beautiful. Looks like sea glass! ❤️

I have definitely heard of people doing this. Haven’t done it personally.
Cool. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m considering doubling up on two techniques I haven’t tried yet. But, that sounds kind of ambitious! I want to do a gradient color thing, but, now maybe I’ll add some confetti in to the lat layer. FUN!

With inspiration from all your beautiful confetti soaps I made this GM soap yesterday. Wanted to be light on the confetti this time as I was going for that creamy GM look. They are a little lighter in real life than the photo depicts. I’m happy with how they turned out. I scented these with Baby Bee Buttermilk from NG. First time using it and it smells delicious!

Attachments

• BE2676A9-AE99-424F-B087-0694C7F1AD21.jpeg
    BE2676A9-AE99-424F-B087-0694C7F1AD21.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 78
I have done it in the past. But you'll be surprised how quick and easy it is to manually grate enough for a 1kg batch of soap.
I agree. And no messy food processor cleanup. I actually found a like new stainless grater For $2 at a Goodwill store a couple months ago so now I have one just for soaping. Its exactly like the one I have for my kitchen with the four sides with different sizes. I was so excited when I found it!

I have done it in the past. But you'll be surprised how quick and easy it is to manually grate enough for a 1kg batch of soap.
I was attempting to bevel the edges of some soap I made yesterday today, using a potato peeler. It wasn’t perfect, but it was fun! And, it gave me pretty curvy shreds. So, I incorporated them into the top layer of my first attempt at a gradient. Can’t wait to cut it tomorrow!

Thanks to you for the inspiration, I tried two new techniques at the same time! Using shavings from yesterday’s soap scraps I made confetti soap on the top layer of a gradient color soap. Schmancy!!! I used activated charcoal for the color. Scented with cedar, fir, and lemongrass essential oil.

Attachments

• 69EFFFB7-14A6-4F37-A9E0-83087435788F.jpeg
    69EFFFB7-14A6-4F37-A9E0-83087435788F.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 70
Thanks to you for the inspiration, I tried two new techniques at the same time! Using shavings from yesterday’s soap scraps I made confetti soap on the top layer of a gradient color soap. Schmancy!!! I used activated charcoal for the color. Scented with cedar, fir, and lemongrass essential oil.
Oooh - me likey very much!

So much great creativity! Here are some loaf ends from awhile back. I keep the excess a lot less now than I used to, so this thread is inspiring.
View attachment 47710
Love these! So you pour the soap and the push in the larger inserts? Or some other way? Almost worth cutting up a few bars to do this eh?

Yesterday I said I wanted to up my confetti game, so I did. DSC_0340.JPG

I used a peeler to shred some soaps that I felt were less than perfect and used my heavy accelerating FO to make layers. I added some TD to make it a pretty white so my confetti colors would stand out. I'm super happy with how these look.

Love these! So you pour the soap and the push in the larger inserts? Or some other way? Almost worth cutting up a few bars to do this eh?
Yes, or if you have enough ends to mostly stand on their own, pour around them. I have seen some lined up like piano keys which is pretty cool (see early days of Browsing Soap Pics thread).

Back