Confetti soap - How to make it look good?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheddarr

Reaction score
Has anybody been able to take their leftover soap bits and make it into a nice looking soap? I have so much to work with!
I saw somebody on instagram made one with clear melt and pour that looked good and may try that.

IMG_5081.JPG

Three tips from the best confetti soaps I've seen:
  • the color(s) of the main batter work with the color(s) of the bits (this may require keeping your bits separated rather than continually building a pile)
  • the batter isn't overloaded with bits
  • the bits are laid in some sort of pattern rather than randomly (like in a line, on a diagonal, or leveraging the rule of thirds)
But a good confetti soap is definitely an art!

I think having bits of different sizes adds some visual interest. I have also seen soaps with a layer of confetti soap, a pencil line and then some kind of color above that and they were stunning!

Keep in mind when you do confetti soap that it's very helpful to gel, b/c that will melt the confetti a bit and make the whole thing bond better.

Another option for scraps that are such a mix of colors is to rebatch and use a dark discoloring FO and go for a brown bar.

I do this sometimes and add ground coffee for a scrubby hand soap. I use a dark chocolate FO.
I have done this and scented it with vanilla and cinnamon. A customer called it my "cookie dough soap."

Remember to account for the volume of the confetti bits when calculating the recipe size. A 5 pound mold will NOT hold a 5 pound batch of soap once you add 1 pound of confetti.
If using a small to moderate amount of confetti, blend to a slightly thicker trace and stir confetti into batter before pouring into mold. so the bits don't just sink to the bottom.
If using mostly confetti, place confetti into mold, blend soap to very light trace and pour into mold. so the new soap flows to surround the bits.I saw a beautiful bar that looked like it was poured in layers but it was made with colored unscented confetti placed in the mold in layers, then thin highly scented uncolored soap poured to bind it together.

I have a soap that I call 'Ghost of Soaps Past' because it is the beveling shreds from all of my soaps (or just random pieces from odd cuts... I can't throw soap away. It's a problem.) I make an unscented white base and throw my shreds in there and let it be what it is going to be. It's kind of fun to cut and see if I can pick out particular soaps. I'm probably the only person who enjoys doing that.

I have also treated scraps like a rebatch and added some pumice powder to it for a scrubby "mechanics" soap - then it doesn't matter if it is pretty or not! - the colors melded to a stone gray color. The last time I made it I didn't let it melt down completely so there were more shredded bits visible, I think it looks really pretty!

I have also treated scraps like a rebatch and added some pumice powder to it for a scrubby "mechanics" soap - then it doesn't matter if it is pretty or not! - the colors melded to a stone gray color. The last time I made it I didn't let it melt down completely so there were more shredded bits visible, I think it looks really pretty!

I did something like that to make my soap "pebbles". I love them! They really look like pebbles, too. I should throw a bunch of bits in the crockpot this weekend and make more.

Has anybody been able to take their leftover soap bits and make it into a nice looking soap? I have so much to work with!
I saw somebody on instagram made one with clear melt and pour that looked good and may try that.

View attachment 31253
If you just can’t come up with a good design and want to use the soap up you always have the option of rebatching it. Toss it all in a crock pot with a little liquid….etc. (and definitely add plain yogurt for a nice fluid batch!)
You can even reserve some of the shreds and mix them in before molding & add on top if you wanted.
I realize this isn’t the answer you were looking for but I thought it might come in handy anyway. Good luck!

If you just can’t come up with a good design and want to use the soap up you always have the option of rebatching it. Toss it all in a crock pot with a little liquid….etc. (and definitely add plain yogurt for a nice fluid batch!)
You can even reserve some of the shreds and mix them in before molding & add on top if you wanted.
I realize this isn’t the answer you were looking for but I thought it might come in handy anyway. Good luck!
This member hasn't been here for 4 yrs, so, not likely to see your quoted post to them.

Back