Confetti drop swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Not quite what I was going for but still nice. I originally wanted a green layer on bottom, confetti in the middle with a white layer on top but I didn't make enough soap so this is what I settled with.
The confetti is some unscented soap I made last months when I was testing colors. Scented with NG cucumber wasabi cilantro. The flower toppers are extra salt samples I had with the same FO.

314xl44.jpg

x1h6q0.jpg

I had tried layering the green but the batter was just too thin so I switched to a drop swirl. I think I like this better then I would have defined layers.

I know I'll get crap for this but it wouldn't be the first time I was accused of not being politically correct so here goes:
I love the confetti, it's playful and light feeling. I love the white against it, highlighting the confetti perfectly. The green...not a fan...it looks murky and IMHO takes away from the playfulness of the confetti. I would rather see a light blue...maybe even a dark blue. I'm not sure I would even like a different shade of green...maybe a mint or a really intense kelly green. Maybe one of the colors of the confetti...
It's just when I stare at the bar I feel like I'm looking at one of those puzzle pictures that has a heading "what doesn't belong here".
That being said, I am no artisan and have made more mistakes than successes so you can feel justified in ignoring me...

Awesome effect! I have yet to try a confetti soap, but its on my to do list..I have several baggies of soap I shredded many many months back just for that but haven't done it yet.

Those are really really nice :)

Back