cones in butter/oil mixes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mar8613

Reaction score
i mixed dimethicone in a shea butter and oil mix for a hair product, after a while it began 2 separate. i dont remember the amount used, it was about equal parts shea:cone. did I add 2 much cones 2 the mix?

not a clue, however are you using a specific recipe as a guideline, or how are determining what to add for the results that you seek?

i wanted to make a heat protectant/moisturizer. cones are used to protect against heat and although i dont have a specific recipe, my butter oil mix is always great 4 the hair. i only made a 4oz batch but wanted to come up with a concrete recipe that i can remake. it worked well i just hate having to remix when i want to use it.

i'm still trying to figure out what type of product your tying to make and wondering what a 'cone' is.

maybe you can help out........

why not search for a recipe similar what your trying to create and do first?
then go from there and tweak it to meet your needs.

but what on earth do you mean by a cone?

She means Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone; 2 "cones" in the Silicone family of "cones." I think I'm correct. That is the only 2 "cones" I can think of in this instance. I do use both.

Paul... :wink:

yes a cone is any kind of silicone. i have not seen any recipe that i think would moisturise like mine. i just dont know what % to use. ill just remake it a few times & see what i can come up with. a heat prtectant is used when blow drying, flat ironing to prevent damage tn the hair from the excessive heat.

LOL sorry I was having a blond moment........

sounds awesome, and i'd like to learn more, since I'm now actually blow drying and using a curling iron once again. My hair doesn't take to curl very well, so when i use a curling iron i have to use it for awhile. I just cut off 12" of hair (rich thick chestnut brown) to donate to locks of love. So now that I have short hair again, i'm doing the style thing once more. Least for now until it grows out to long so i can cut and donate it once again.

Back