Conditoner HELP!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
Does anyone have any clue what ingredient gives hair conditioner that "slip" feeling when you put it on your hair in the shower??

A HUGE THANK YOU if ya can help me out!

Probably some chemical. Have you tried one of the recipes on the forum? I find that you really have to shampoo the heck out of it and use a very small amount on the ends only to not get a greasy mess. When I do get it right (about 80% of the time) its perfect.

I found a really great recipe. It isnt super greasy and it is nice and creamy...but it seems like my hair soaks it up...you are right, it is probably some chemical :x

Lane said:
I found a really great recipe. It isnt super greasy and it is nice and creamy...but it seems like my hair soaks it up...you are right, it is probably some chemical :x

hey but your hair soakling it up could bea good thing....meaning its using all the available moisture and nutrients :)

Thought I would update this... The "slip" comes mostly from Silicone Oils,
Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone and Botanisil.

However Silicone Oils, lift and strip hair of color. Which is not any good for me... I have bright red hair...like BRIGHT red...

Anywho, I found a great way to replace the silicons using Soy Quat!
Just in case anyone was having the same problem. :D

Hey Lane..............what is soy quat and where would one aquire such exotic sounding stuff??? :p

Enquiring minds wanna know.................. 8) (I so never know whether I should use an I or an E, grammer and spelling were ALWAYS my worst subjects!!!!!!!!!!) :roll:

thanx oodles,

Della :D

Are you looking for Behetrimoniun Methosulfate? I am pretty sure that I have spelled this wrong. Lol! Maybe this is your ingredient. Good Luck!

LOL...I like that Tasha. :lol: :lol:

But meaning to sell. I would like to have a nice set of hampoo and conditioners for gift baskets.

Back