Communing with nature

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
We went to the http://www.nps.gov/pinn/index.htm This weekend.Our youngest son got a new Nikon camera for his B-day,so we took him to the Pinnacles. Nice camera,we had a good time :)

Like an idiot knowing full well I'm highly allergic to poison oak,I don't even have to touch it to get it.Brought it home. Am now suffering with it since Saturday night. 1 O/C medication,and 2 prescriptions now filled.Gawd I'm miserable it's spreading to my eyes.My arm look like Popeyes .

I couldn't sleep the itching is intense.. My husband actually said "I think I'm one of those lucky people that's immune to poison oak".. My first thought was "Come here lemme give you a big hug and lets find out!" 2nd thought.. Can't say might be held against me in a court of law! :wink:

For those of you that are immune here's a a survival guide with a few helpful tips on dealing with people like me who do suffer with it for a few weeks.Poison oak is just evil :twisted: They are actual things people have said to me and a few things I was thinking.

Rules Of Poison Oak

If you are one of the blessed people to be immune to poison oak.Please at all costs, show some sympathy,We know when it's genuine! ;)

1.) Don't joke about it

2.) Don't ask me"Don't you know what it looks like?"

3.) Stop giggling,we know where we want to itch! but your here and we can't!

4.) Never ever tell the sufferer,"I'm immune to that"
We can't protect the stupid at this point in time!

5.) Sufferer's are insane.Our frantic wide eyed, gotta itch right now look will go away in 2 weeks,Hang it there baby!

6.) Never offer advice on home remedies that you know don't work.We know you just made that up!

7.) It's not a good idea to suggest "Lets go hiking at that spot next year"

8.) Remember Rule #4 we appreciate it. :)

9.) No pictures of our misery will be taken at any time.Or used against us for your enjoyment.We don't appreciate a Youtube memory lane like that.

10.) We the suffers reserve the right to be cranky.

11.) If you're sincere and if we believe it.We suffers will promise not to touch your stuff,or you!

Munky.

Sorry to hear of your misery. I'm one of the lucky ones. (((Hugs)))

Sonja

Wax Munky said:
3.) Stop giggling,we know where we want to itch! but your here and we can't!

4.) Never ever tell the sufferer,"I'm immune to that"
We can't protect the stupid at this point in time!

5.) Sufferer's are insane.Our frantic wide eyed, gotta itch right now look will go away in 2 weeks,Hang it there baby!

11.) If you're sincere and if we believe it.We suffers will promise not to touch your stuff,or you!

I am not giggling. Nope, not me. Well, since you do not know where I live............just a tiny bit. :lol: :lol:

Hope you feel better sooner than expected. Sending you big scratching (I have nails :D ) hugs!!!

Digit

True sincerity here ;) I promise NOT to touch you or your stuff.

My husband on the other hand well.... I'm going to touch him and his stuff
He and our boys are one of the blessed ones. I'll refer him to read #4. ;)

I am not immune to the stuff either....I feel your pain. Hope it's better soon.

Back