Comments Requested About FO from NDA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I am looking for new scents for my CP soap and I see that NDA has some scents that sound interesting. Would anyone like to comment on how the NDA scents hold up?
Are there any other companies you prefer?

Ones I've tried:
Green Apple - no acceleration, stays strong, discolors to PURPLE
Frankincense & Myrrh - didn't hold up at all in CP, completely gone by the time I unmolded.
Maple Pecan - smells nice, holds well, no acceleration but will discolor to brown
Bitter Almond - super strong and sticks around forever, no discoloration but be ready for acceleration and overheating.
Cranberry Peach Vanilla - behaves well in CP but doesn't come through strong at all, no discoloration.

All in all, I like NDA's FOs for non-CP applications. But I'll pay more for better preforming FO's from WSP.

I like leaves from NDA but, it's not phlalate free which bothers me because it does smell awesome. And strong. No acceleration or discolouring.

Vanilla cream is nice, but I find a little bit more than 1tbs PPo is best for the smell to really pop. Accelerates a little and discolours to a dark brown I'll see if I can find my before and after pictures

Dragons blood is also nice and sticks but totally discolours to dark brown. Which of course I wasn't going for with red and black swirls. Accelerates a little.

I bought buttercream but haven't used it yet, as well as Japanese cherry blossom for my mother in law because she's a BBw snob.

Pumpkin patch (I think is the phlalate free one) and it smells really nice, fAdes to brown.

Coffee spice cake smells just like pumpkin patch to me in the soap. Oob is different.

Back