comment :amount of oil for my mold

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Kalpanaganesan

Reaction score
i have a mold with lengthxwidthxheight 7.5 * 5*1.12 .all in inches. The volume works to 42.1875 cubic inches.The oil weight is volume *0.4 which is 42.1875*0.4 is 18.875 oz.My recipe is 6.06 % castor oil,21.21% coconut oil ,72.72%olive oil.I have attached the pdf.can some one let me know if iam correct

Attachments

Ford

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the formula I use is length x width x height x .4 = total "oil" weight. I use "total" recipe weight for my color split calculations. Hope this helps.

Elizevt

Reaction score
Hi there.
I have entered your soap recipe into Soapmaking Recipe Builder & Lye Calculator Its the soap cal that I use.
I suck at maths so I rely on soap calculators to do the math for me.

Here is what it looks like.
Total oil weight - 16.8 ounces
total batch weight - 24.23 ounces

But I'm not sure what lye/ water ratio you are using, I normally use 2:1 but you are probably just using a different ratio.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Kalpanaganesan

Reaction score
Many thanks for addressing my request.Let me work on the same and try.

the formula I use is length x width x height x .4 = total "oil" weight. I use "total" recipe weight for my color split calculations. Hope this helps.
many thanks for your reply and i will use the same

Todd Ziegler

Reaction score
Many thanks for addressing my request.Let me work on the same and try.

many thanks for your reply and i will use the same
Also keep in mind that the formula for determining how much soap your mold will hold, is not 100% accurate. Depending on your recipe the same mold might hold more or less. All my recipes are 100 ounce total weight and each of the 4 recipes will come out a little different. 2 of them will fill the mold right to the top and the other 2 leave about 6cm to the top.

Kalpanaganesan

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the formula for determining how much soap your mold will hold, is not 100% accurate. Depending on your recipe the same mold might hold more or less. All my recipes are 100 ounce total weight and each of the 4 recipes will come out a little different. 2 of them will fill the mold right to the top and the other 2 leave about 6cm to the top.
Thanks for your reply

Zing

Reaction score
I always keep a couple of empty single serve yogurt cups (lined with vaseline) for any overflow.

Latest posts