Comic book shoes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...As someone who *was* a high-priced attorney, I am afraid that you would have to redefine your target market, Lynn. At least w/r/t the courtroom, they are a pretty stuff bunch there...."

Ah, Not_ally, you have to get out of the big city and practice in the boonies! My DH is a magistrate. He often presides in the courtroom wearing sandals. Without socks, no less. :)

So funny you say that DeeAnna! I'm from a small town in Idaho and my old neighbor growing up was a judge. He used to wear some of the most outlandish outfits under his judicial robe...Oddly I don't remember him wearing anything like sandals though (doesn't mean he didn't)

Not_ally -- if you are admitted to the Iowa bar and there's an opening for magistrate, just apply. Only problem is you have to live in the county or in the adjacent county, so if the idea of living in Iowa doesn't appeal to you, that might be a problem. :)

Unlike district court judges, Iowa magistrates are not as tightly bound by rules and regs, so they tend to be the "mavericks" of the judicial world. I mean ... if you were confronted with an arson case involving a pyromaniac kid setting large round bales on fire in a farmer's field ... what would you do? There isn't a lot of legal precedence for cases like that, so the magistrates have to be willing (and most of them are!) to think outside the box.

Lynusann -- Those black robes are HOT to wear, so I can see why judges dress for comfort, not for appearance. But even so, magistrates are odd ducks. Chuck went to a magistrate's conference this past week, and I ate lunch with him at the conference center. It was interesting to see the number of ponytails on guys and sandals and unconventional clothes going by. If it were a district court conference, there'd be mostly "dress for success" suits instead!

I love your shoes, but my feet are allergic to heels that high. Lower heels or cute flats are more my speed. On the other hand, I have a friend who would buy the pair in your first pic in a heartbeat -- and wear 'em with pride to the next fetish party.

I love those! Though I'd probably need them in a shorter heel too. (Or keeping them that height would be incentive to only wear them for special occassions!) :D I totally would wear comic book-covered shoes, especially if they were in my favorite franchises.

Awesome shoes! I am very tempted to keep an eye out for good quality shoes at the thrift store to try this!

Okay, am I the only person who assumed this was some very weird spam and only clicked out of curiosity when the thread kept getting bumped?

Awesome shoes! I am very tempted to keep an eye out for good quality shoes at the thrift store to try this!

Okay, am I the only person who assumed this was some very weird spam and only clicked out of curiosity when the thread kept getting bumped?

Haha! No spam here I promise! Next time I'll choose my subject lines more carefully!

Hmmm. I don't see why you couldn't use fabric. They have character themed fabric. And you can print on fabric.

You could even use shoes that are fabric and transfer the ink from the paper to the shoes themselves.

I should not have clicked on this thread, I really do not need any more interesting ideas trying to get out of my brain and into my craft room.

Hmmm. I don't see why you couldn't use fabric. They have character themed fabric. And you can print on fabric.

You could even use shoes that are fabric and transfer the ink from the paper to the shoes themselves.

I should not have clicked on this thread, I really do not need any more interesting ideas trying to get out of my brain and into my craft room.

You could do it in fabric but iron on transfers don't transfer well to tight corners like heels and toes unfortunately. And you could use preprinted fabric too but then you're basically making a shoe from scratch unless you just want to attach the fabric over an existing layer of material. I can't say I've tried that before but the appeal to comic strip shoes is that every shoe is unique whereas printed fabric generally has repeating images. It'd be cool to see how well someone could do it though (not sure I have quite that much patience to tack down fabric though).

You're probably like me... I have craft ADD. I always see new things and want to try them out... Pintrest was a very bad invention for me

Craft ADD, yup, started out making Lichtenberg figures, then soap and soon candles, now this is on my radar... lol.

Latest posts

Back