Comfrey powder in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
Good morning! Has anyone tried using Comfry Powder in soap? NG has it and I was thinking of trying it, but have ??? How much to use per lb soap? Would it have exfoliating effect? It looks finely ground. Thanks!!

Thanks! Sometimes I speak before I read! I was thinking, not so much for the color. Was thinking about adding Comfry extract to CP soap. Would the lye destroy it’s properties?

Hard to say, if any of it will survive, how much of it will be left, and if it'll still be the same thing 100%.

Your best bet will be to add it after the cook in HP. No guarantees there either, just a lesser chance of the lye monster getting at it. This is one reason I HP hehehe

Thanks Dawni, I guess I’ll wait on that idea. I started out with CP because it’s so hot and humid here the thought of cooking anything is draining. I’ll be going back to CA in a few weeks, so thought I would learn about HP then. At least curing is going ok here, just keeping a fan on the bars in a room that circulates air from all sides.

Back