Colourants for Bath butters.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what a bath butter is but whatever you use needs to be approved for bath and body. I use Micas in my sugar scrubs and other B&B products. You could try infusing herbs/spices and straining them and using the infused oils for color.

I'm not sure what a bath butter is but whatever you use needs to be approved for bath and body. I use Micas in my sugar scrubs and other B&B products. You could try infusing herbs/spices and straining them and using the infused oils for color.
I mean whipped cream soap. Can I use oxides?

I use micas in mine. The only colors I use are FDA approved for cosmetic use because I make my own cosmetic whipped soap base.

Oxides are kind of hard to disperse, but you might find that you are able to use them (maybe mixing in oil first). I also know people use dyes and lakes (which need to be dispersed in the proper medium before adding to the base soap).

For regulations, you would have to see about what is specific to you.

I use micas in mine. The only colors I use are FDA approved for cosmetic use because I make my own cosmetic whipped soap base.

Oxides are kind of hard to disperse, but you might find that you are able to use them (maybe mixing in oil first). I also know people use dyes and lakes (which need to be dispersed in the proper medium before adding to the base soap).

For regulations, you would have to see about what is specific to you.
The only trustworthy colorants here is oxides. I really don't like to use pigments, as the pigments which are available here, can be used for candle making too. So I'm not sure whether we can use it cosmetics. Thank you so much.🙏🙏🙏 You people so amazing.😊

Back